You believe in matching kundli for marriage ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gary4gar, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Gary4gar

Gary4gar New Member

Hi,
    In our country people have common practice to match kundlis of Bride and groom before deciding for marriage.

Although, this custom is losing its importance but still many marriage are broken because their kundli does not match.

Majority of these people are not not backward types but mordern and fully educated. their argument is "Its question of your life, why take chances".

Meaning they still believe in kundli system to a extent.

Whats your view on this practice?
  2. just4kix

just4kix Guardian Angel Staff Member

Personally I am neither a believer nor a non-believer.

I have seen 3 marriages in my family on the doldrums (two ended in divorces) because the kundali did not match.

For my own marriage, we (on the groom's side) did not check the kundali. But my wife's family did. Our kundali's match perfectly. So I am not committing on either side. I do not feel qualified to make an opinion on the same without knowing the science behind it.
  3. Dragon

Dragon Guest

I can't comment whether to go for it or not. But in family, yes I have seen that they prefer matching a kundli.
  4. Rameshjeee

Rameshjeee Good to be Back

I believe in matching kundli..dunno why...there are certain in life for which we do not have any reasons...My wife's & my kundli were matched before the marriage & it was a perfect match....Still now so issues in the marital life...:D
  5. cool_techie_tvm

cool_techie_tvm Amor vincit omnia

Heard that the same is being practiced by Christians too these days.
  6. Punch Farce

Punch Farce New Member

what's a kundli/kundali?

Is it horoscope?

-F
  7. rupu1983

rupu1983 Guest

yes farce it's horoscope matching.
  8. aashaka_gandhi

aashaka_gandhi De WatEvaa SweetHeart

well yes me as well as my family....we do believe in kundli matching jus the basics.....! we aint into hardcore believeing but yea generally its been followed like tht in the family wheneva there has been a wedding so....

my mom's parents thy believe in it very strongyl.......whereas my dadz side n all its jus chalta hai or basic match......

i personally too feel soo.....!!!! m still single so dunno abt the future.....
  9. cool_techie_tvm

cool_techie_tvm Amor vincit omnia

I am anxious to know about board members who are not Hindus but opted for kundli matching before marriage. Has anyone tried so?
  10. vikramjb

vikramjb New Member

There is a certain science involved in Horoscope and Astrology, not all can get it right. Frankly there are lot of fakes out there who will willingly change the Horoscope for an amount. But at the same time there are certain level of truth in Astrology and Horoscope matching will have to be taken with a pinch of salt :).

When they mine and my wife's, our matched around at 6/10. That was good enuf to put pressure on my parents to get married, it was a love marriage so parents were not fond of it but accepted after my insistence. Now after year and half, my parents are happy that I found this girl who is a perfect match for me ;-). One pujari guy who saw our horoscope's said that, ultimately it is between the guy and the girl to have a smooth and safe (healthy) married life not on the horoscope. Its like two wheels of a bullock cart or a cycle, they have to rotate in perfect synchronisation, otherwise its gonna be messy travel :lol:
  11. rupu1983

rupu1983 Guest

actually horoscope is the part of astrology those who believe it astrology they obviously match horoscope before marriage.Personally i also believe in astrology.
  12. aashaka_gandhi

aashaka_gandhi De WatEvaa SweetHeart

yea also....the understanding n maturity level also depends......between two ppl...
  13. Dragon

Dragon Guest

I think its out of 32, our total was 28/32:D
  14. vikramjb

vikramjb New Member

depends on the caste also I guess, In ours it was 10 porathams (fittings or requirements, i am not sure what else to call it)

neverthless we still love each other and also fight frequently like hell :D :D
  15. Dragon

Dragon Guest

Okay, i think they call it 'Gunn milana'

same here:D
  16. vikramjb

vikramjb New Member

yeap, Guna Milna might be the right word :)
  17. rupu1983

rupu1983 Guest

Total 36 gun or point present in match making of horoscope of boy and girl
    and division is like that way

Group.............................................max point

Varna............................................... 1
    Vashya............................................. 2
    Tara/Din........................................... 3
    Yoni................................................. 4
    Graha Maitri.......................................5
    Gana................................................ 6
    Bhakut..............................................7
    Nadi................................................. 8

I don't know all English term of this word now another thing generally check before marriage match making that is Manglik consideration.But this all depend on personal believe.
  18. Preeti_20

Preeti_20 Active Member

I don't have any side to this and feel mutual about it all, but it does't affect me or anyone in my family because we are sikh!

We do have horoscopes made, but they are not seen regarding marriages or anything!
  19. Dragon

Dragon Guest

yes i know this, and i think most of us are found manglik, which creates problem in marriage, and this is the most common one
  20. rupu1983

rupu1983 Guest

Usually in our family also never give much importance to match-making of horoscope but still this is a general formality to check the the horoscope before marriage and even if boy's & girl's horoscope does not match still marraige never cancel only to this reason.

you said correctly most of the person has the 'Manglik dosh' in horoscope.
    Do you know how to check it from horoscope ?
    although it's very simple if any one have the horoscope he can check himself that he is manglik or not.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2009