WIFI with TYPE I MODEM Nokia Siemens C2110

Discussion in 'BSNL broadband' started by snigdhadeep, Apr 7, 2010.

1. snigdhadeep

snigdhadeep New Member

Wi Fi configuration with TYPE I MODEM Nokia Siemens C2110

I am using a TYPE I Modem (C2110) of BSNL for accessing internet on my desktop PC.

I want to make a wireless connection at my Home for accessing internet on my desktop PC as well as on my wireless LAPTOP through WiFi.

I will be installing a WIFi Router on my ground floor. I need to access internet on my ground floor and first floor both.

Kindly suggest a Router which will meet my requirements.
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  2. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

could you exchange the modem for a 3-in 1
    ( adslmodem/lanport/WIfi ) type II or type IV
    from Bsnl ?
    Feedback.
  3. snigdhadeep

snigdhadeep New Member

I want to purchase a Router and use it with this existing Modem C2110.

Kindly advise.
  4. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

You have to buy a wifi router with dual Antenna at a cost of about Rs 3000/=
    Buffalo models recommended.
    No assurance , that you will get WIFI reception in all rooms of Ground floor and first floor.
    Exchange was suggested for trial as BSNL WIFI router costs Rs 1600/= rental Rs 80/=P.M
    ( usual range a radius of 30 to 40 feet. subject to conditions , like location/obstruction/height etc )
    BUFFALO:

[​IMG]

http://www.buffalotech.com/products...150-high-power-router-access-point-whr-hp-gn/

http://www.buffalotech.com/images/product_overview/whr-hp-gn_aoss.jpg

The N-Technology Wireless-N 150 High Power Router and Access Point features a removable, adjustable external antenna which extends the signal range, improving performance and eliminating dead spots, allowing you to stay connected from anywhere in your home. And because the antenna is removable, you can pair the WHR-HP-GN with a variety of optional antennae such as Buffalo's 6 dBi Detachable High Gain Directional Antenna WLE-AT-DACW.

POLL ends 10th April:
    http://www.indiabroadband.net/suggestions-complaints/28562-who-member-month-feb.html#post276466
  5. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

Get yourselves a wifi modem from BSNL. It costs only Rs. 1600 + tax or Rs.80 per month rent.
  6. snigdhadeep

snigdhadeep New Member

BELKIN N Router

Someone suggested me a BELKIN N or N+ Router.

Will a BELKIN N or N+ WiFi Router be able to meet my requirements. i.e. give coverage as well as connectivity in both the floors.

7. gaggan4392

gaggan4392 New Member

It is good idea.
    The N router has good range and better speed than a/g routers.
  8. asaiatin

asaiatin New Member

i have purchased bsnl type 1 modem.I want to change it to type-2.Pls tell me the price i have to pay to get it exchanged
  9. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

How old is your modem ? Check with the exchange whether they are ready to exchange. Less than 6 months, they may consider.
  10. asaiatin

asaiatin New Member

i m afraid,its little mor than 6 monts,so what will be charges i hav to pay?

meetdilip,u ther?
  11. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

@asaiatin
    Not possible. You can say it is faulty and get some other Type 1 modem.

Type II or Type IV ( latter better choice ) cost Rs 1600/= plus taxes @ 10.3 % or on rental at Rs 80/= P.M
  12. snigdhadeep

snigdhadeep New Member

Can anyone suggest a standard N router?
  13. joy_live

joy_live New Member

If you're looking at budget stuff go for Belkin N 150 Wireless router. They are pretty standard if you have a two floor building.Costs within 2K rupees.