Which modem to choose----URGENT

Discussion in 'Bsnl EVDO' started by vspraneeth05, May 1, 2012.

1. vspraneeth05

vspraneeth05 Member

HI

I am from bangalore.

I am interested i BSNL EVDO service.

when i went to inquire at the bsnl office they offered me 3 types of modem.

i am about 1 km from the evdo tower.

they offered me ZTE AC8700 , Micromax 300C and Prithvi UE100 .

Which modem will offer me better download speds.

i use win7 64bit computer.

Reply needed quickly modems available for short period only

Thanks
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
  2. $h@d0w

$h@d0w Guest

Its not 4 its 3. Prithvi and UE100 is no different. The company is Prithvi and the model number is UE100. Many people including a close friend of mine have complained that the ZTE modem is low on speed. I personally dont know about the Micromax one. Im using the Prithvi UE100 along with two other members (Mr. Sarvesh and Mr Sumit) of this forum and we are really happy with the modem's performance. If you ask me, i would suggest you to go for the prithvi model but this modem is not supported on 64bit operating systems. It works like a charm on 32 bit windows 7.
  3. vspraneeth05

vspraneeth05 Member

which should i go for,
    only micromax is the option then
  4. sarveshmotihari

sarveshmotihari Tech Crazy!!

Presently I am using Prithvi UE100 modem and it works like a charm on a 32 bit operating system. I have heard about some issues in 64 bit operating systems.

Micromax 300C is also a very good option. You can consider it. :)
  5. vspraneeth05

vspraneeth05 Member

Thanks sir, can i know your download speed (KBps--as in IDM) and distance from the tower?
    i had a reliance before gave me 68KBps. but got spoilt.
    Have to be careful before investing again..
  6. gabe55

gabe55 New Member

Hey guys,can anyone tell me what type of sim is in a bsnl evdo datacard?
  7. $h@d0w

$h@d0w Guest

It has R-UIM (Removable User Identity Module). Just like SIM is for GSM, RUIM is for CDMA.
  8. sarveshmotihari

I get very good speeds in EVDO around 2-2.5 mbps...I am at a distance of 3 Km from BTS

Sent from my GT-I5510 using Tapatalk 2
  9. viper_in_blood

viper_in_blood New Member

better go with unlocked mts mblaze...i hv used zte ac8700 and micromax 300c...mts mblaze is better than both......micromax 300c has a software problem which makes it to go 1x on HSIA mode.....abt prithivi i dont knw...in faridabad the modem offered by bsnl is of teracom with sim....
  10. montsa007

montsa007 New Member

Huawei E1751 :)
  11. $h@d0w

$h@d0w Guest

Wont work in this case since the above mentioned modem is a 3G GSM modem and it cannot be used for CDMA network.
  12. vspraneeth05

vspraneeth05 Member

i am interested in the prepaid version.
    what is the recharge for 1 year validity.
    IF i take a plan fro unlimited (750+tax), i heard that on the next month that balance will automatically be deducted form my account(if i have Rs10, next month i will become -740).

Can i use it for 1 month and not use fro 3 months (assuming i have validity fro 1 year).

I am highly confused. BSNL people are not able to help.
  13. vspraneeth05

vspraneeth05 Member

i am interested in the prepaid version.
    what is the recharge for 1 year validity.
    IF i take a plan fro unlimited (750+tax), i heard that on the next month that balance will automatically be deducted form my account(if i have Rs10, next month i will become -740).

Can i use it for 1 month and not use fro 3 months (assuming i have validity fro 1 year).

14. Amit K Khanchandani

Amit K Khanchandani New Member

Micromax 300c is best,
  15. Amit K Khanchandani

Amit K Khanchandani New Member

It's Depends on your location, i get about 50+ in IDM
  16. vspraneeth05

vspraneeth05 Member

i am interested in bsnl evdo prepaid connection.

IF i take a plan for unlimited (750+tax), i heard that on the next month that balance will automatically be deducted form my account(if i have Rs10as balance, next month i will become -740).

IF i want to chance to 2.5GB plan. what should i do since next month 750 will be deducted an UL plan will get automatically activated.

Can i use it for 1 month and not use fro 3 months (assuming i have validity fro 1 year) or then balance will keep on going into negative!!!!! even if did not use

pls help

How can i use for 1 month and if i do not want to use for 2 to months what should i do???
  17. gabe55

gabe55 New Member

Thanks,so what should be the specifications of a datacard if i want to use the sim of EVDO(i'm willing to use my own datacard rather than the prithivi).Can u plz suggest me a few datacards of around Rs.2000
  18. gabe55

gabe55 New Member

Sir,can u plz tell me what should be the specifications of a data card if i want to use the sim of EVDO(i'm willing to use my own datacard rather than the prithivi).Can u plz suggest me a few datacards of around Rs.2000.Suppose i have a data card which supports HSUPA, HSDPA, EDGE, GPRS, GSM, WCDMA networks(the Huawei E303C).Will it work with the EVDO R-UIM?
  19. sarveshmotihari

Huawei E303C is a GSM modem. So it won't work with EVDO. You need to have a CDMA/EVDO modem for it to work. Why do you want other modem than Prithvi UE100? It is the cheapest EVDO modem available out there.

Still there are a few Modems available around 2000/- such as Micromax 300C.

Check it out on Flipkart
  20. gabe55

gabe55 New Member

Because i'm a regular user of bsnl 2g gprs with Rs.98 pack.Sometimes i might need to use the same datacard for this purpose.Will the prithvi UE100 or the Micromax 300C support 2g SIMS for gprs?
    I've checked the Huawei E303C modem at flipkart,still have a doubt-WCDMA and CDMA are totally different?
    Last edited: May 4, 2012