Which is the best DVD Writer right now?

Discussion in 'Computer hardware and software tips and tricks' started by xwhyz, Jan 10, 2008.

1. xwhyz

xwhyz New Member

I am planning to upgrade my dvd combo to dvd writer. I have read reviews at many places and sort of really confused on which one to choose. Many say sony is best, some say lite-on is good and sony is bad. Some say samsung is good. Very confused right now, can someone who is using any of these suggest the best.
  2. just4kix

just4kix Guardian Angel Staff Member

I have a Pioneer A04 internal DVD writer on my desktop. It is giving good service although it is slow at 4x and can write to single layer only. This was purchased in 2003.

Six month's ago, I purchased an LG 16x Dual Layer external (USB) writer. This is also good. I had actually picked up a Sony external writer of the same specs but higher cost, when the salesman told me that LG is just as good and cheaper by $20. As it turned out, I have created 92 disks so far from the LG drive with only one coaster and that too my own mistake.

So choose any model from Sony, Pioneer, LG, Lite-on, etc. Since DVD writers get obsolete very quickly, do not spend a lot of money. And I would definitely suggest to buy an external (USB) writer.
  3. Speed

Speed New Member

I would like to recommend Sony as it is the best one in the market right now and this is because all other companies writers such as Samsung, Lg get there products assembeled ( which means they are made of the parts made by local manufactures) but Sony does manufacture them themselves.
  4. just4kix

LOL. Who told you this?
  5. Rick

Rick New Member

I had been using Samsung Writers for a long time and i would say that it is the best DVD writter.
  6. User789

User789 Guest

I am also using samsung DVD Writer and would like to recommend the same to every one.
  7. player

player New Member

samsung has many drawbacks ,its tray is heavy so after using it for a year it will get stuck!!!!and you have to play carom with it!!!!

i will recommend writers from sony,asus & philipps they are the best manufacturers and always buy a writer which has SATA interface because this this drastically increases the data transfer rates!!!!!
    thanks
  8. Logik

Logik New Member

U see in electronic goods sony is unbeaten. it may cost u bit....but quality never assumes price.
  9. Raghav_K

Raghav_K New Member

10. meetdilip

meetdilip Guest

I use Sony. And it fits my requirement.
  11. nivin

nivin New Member

sony is not good
    moser baer> lg> samsung
    sony is worst
  12. kirankumargb

kirankumargb Guest

i am using LG(1yr) & samsung(6 months) both are quite ok no problems
  13. just4kix

Best DVD writer?

• Must have good handwriting. Handwriting must be good, na? :)
    • Must not make spelling mistakes, i.e., must write without errors.
    • Must write fast

Please add to the list.
  14. kirankumargb

kirankumargb Guest

:lol: that was too good..
    wanted to repo but couldnt...:( i have to spread some love first
  15. anand4hosting

anand4hosting New Member

go for SONY only i am using since 3 yrs working fine..or liteon the second option..the best is sony now blue ray will be coming in market
  16. rohit3120

rohit3120 New Member

sony is the best i would say, i am using it for 1.5 years, its working fantastic but is slightly noisy, otherwise no problems