What is 2G speed and 3G speed?

I know a lot of people use 3G and a few use 2G, but what is the speed difference in the two. Its obvious that 2G speed is going to be lower than 3G speed, but I just need an indication to how much of a difference there is in the speeds.

What is 2G speed and what is 3G speed?

2G maximum 236 Kbps and 3G maximum 21 Mbps (wireless) , its 100 Mbps ( as i saw on Airtel Broad band plan). I think it is maximum so far by any ISP.

well in this world u cant get 100 mbps LOL! the maximum is somewhere around 50MBPS by south east asian countries.
Hon Kong - 63.6 Mbps. World fastest. Till this year 2013. Even united states have around 36 Mbps around. I think speed some where related to population density and size of country. All top 10 countries having highest speeds are relatively small country.

Preeti_20

2G speed is much slower than 3G speed, I dont know about the exact speed but 2G speed you get in kbps and 3G speed you get in mbps.

There is a huge difference between 2G and 3G speeds. There are many other features that are not avialable in 2G but can be availed in 3G, for example in a 3G connection you can make calls while using the internet but the same cannot be done in a 2G connection.

Hon Kong - 63.6 Mbps. World fastest. Till this year 2013. Even united states have around 36 Mbps around. I think speed some where related to population density and size of country. All top 10 countries having highest speeds are relatively small country.
well i dont think speed has anything to do with population.

Broadband speeds have nothing to do with population or population density. You may argue that density of 3G users is greater in India but that means better profit margins for service providers as lesser number of towers are required to cover a lot of users unlike countries with lesser density where number os users per tower will be a lot lesser.