Want to Open a new Bank Account! ICICI or HDFC?

Discussion in 'Investment and Finance' started by vorazeal, Mar 29, 2010.

1. vorazeal

vorazeal New Member

Hi

I am 18 and i want to open a new bank account, i already have one in Corporation but i want some good ones like ICICI or HDFC.

Both banks are located near my area, so want to know which one is better. Are their any good schemes or stuff like that?

I have heard some money gets deducted from your bank account every year, is that true/?

I might need a DEBIT CARD ( for fun) :) so which one provides free debit card and free transcations through them.

So which one should i go for??
  2. gaggan4392

gaggan4392 New Member

My father has HDFC account but I think ICICI has better service............
    Till now no problem with HDFC
  3. vorazeal

vorazeal New Member

do they provide free debit cards @ transcations? @ do they deduct some money from bank account as service charge every year?
  4. deepmohan

deepmohan Its Time To Change !

@vorazeal

While opening for an account with a bank you will get debit card free of cost.

Almost every bank deduct some amount say Rs.200 annually as debit card charges or card maintenance charges.
  5. just4kix

just4kix Guardian Angel Staff Member

LOL. Who says ICICI is a good bank?
  6. gaggan4392

gaggan4392 New Member

I think so, but I do not have account there. I own a account in State Bank of India and Punjab National Bank
  7. just4kix

After dealing for over 12 years with ICICI, I cannot say much in favour. The in-bank experience has always been horrible. Their customer care does not care about you unless you are a high net-worth individual.

However, ICICI Net Banking is one of the best.
  8. vorazeal

vorazeal New Member

yea they have very good net banking. Its acceptable in each and everywhere. Hmm then should i go for HDFC???
  9. gaggan4392

gaggan4392 New Member

After all, i think you should go for HDFC.
  10. just4kix

You can go with either. But remember that both will have no so good in-bank service.

My comments were solely based on my exp with ICICI. I have no exp with HDFC bank.
  11. kunnusingh

kunnusingh New Member

ICICI, Citi Bank(1 Lake deposit for open new account), HDFC(10k+ Deposite)

or Canera Bank(Rs.500 Deposit):D

i have Axis Bank Account - good for Online Money Transfer, Support NEFT(NEFT Use for Online Money Transfer)
  12. hsinam

hsinam New Member

I don't think ICICI takes that much to open a new account, its same as HDFC. I think it's HSBC who asks for minimum of 1 lacs as balance in account.
  13. alokmis

alokmis Banned

Net banking is one of the best way but however I feel there is a need once in a while to visit the bank.
  14. sakura

sakura New Member

If I am not from India can I open a bank account with HDFC?
  15. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

16. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

//www.hdfcbank.com/nri/accounts/rupee_savings_account/nre_savings_account/nre_savings.htm
  17. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

18. vorazeal

vorazeal New Member

damn, so we need to pay atleast 5k or more to just open a new account in HDFC????
  19. itsmemad

itsmemad Alligator

I have had good in-bank experiences with the Axis bank. Citibank is good for net banking. However, they may too have minimum deposit of Rs. 10000 for S/B accounts. I don't know exactly as I've salary accounts in both the banks which are zero balance accounts.

You may consider State Bank of India if minimum deposit is a concern. They probably require Rs. 1000 as minimum balance. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Another alternative is to add your name to one of the existing accounts of your parents which they may not be using regularly. My first joint account was in the SBI. :)
  20. vorazeal

vorazeal New Member

damn banks, i have bank account in Corporation and they need minimum of only Rs 100/- lol