Vodafone Mobile Connect 3G USB Stick Reviews

Discussion in 'Vodafone 3G' started by Preeti_20, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Preeti_20

Preeti_20 Active Member

Anyone used or using the Vodafone Mobile Connect 3G USB Stick?

Vodafone is known to be a good company and their mobile offers have always seemed to be ok.........but I havent heard anything from uses about the Connect 3G USB Stick!!!

Whats the coverage and speed like?
  2. gaggan4392

gaggan4392 New Member

see this for any info:::::

http://www.vodafone.in/existingusers/VBS/Pages/3gusbstick.aspx
  3. arpit20one

arpit20one Member

Is vodafone 3g available in up east??
  4. mickey

mickey New Member

vodafone sticks work on edge network and are slow..
    use your own mobile and aircel connection for less than 100/month...
    you dont even need to purchase a modem for that...
  5. gaggan4392

gaggan4392 New Member

But the speed you get in this is much better than from Mobiles.:)
  6. mickey

mickey New Member

arey yaar.. its talking of 3G stick.. i thought about regular ones... sorry...

should i edit??
  7. vinni_talks

vinni_talks New Member

Vodafone is offering 3g usb stick for free with the annual package of Rs7499 which comes with unlimited downloads.

Im wondering what kind of speed can we expect?

Any idea guys
  8. panchabhut

panchabhut Active Member

As of now, only BSNL & MTNL offer 3G services in GSM. All other GSM service providers offer only EDGE/GPRS service.

even though the data card is 3G capable, the actual speed would be EDGE/GPRS only.

However, the same device can be used with 3G services once the same is launched by Vodafone
  9. sehradinesh

sehradinesh New Member

Review of Vodafone 3G USB stick

Currently the stick works on GPRS/EDGE network because Vodafone as of now does not provide 3G services. I have used it in various places in Delhi and in Bangalore also. The speed I got in Delhi was anytime better than that in Bangalore. In Delhi there was difference in speed at different places. Overall I found it fair enough for normal mail and browsing coverage. But if you are looking for watching online videos or some big downloads, I would suggest you should go in for TATA Photon+. I have used that too, it is wonderful. I have watched videos on youtube and had some big downloads with good speed.
    But now I am using BSNL 3G with my SONY ERICSSON XPERIA X1. And 3G rocks. Twice the speed of TATA Photon! Really enjoying 3G ON BSNL. :D Additionally I am getting free national SMS with 50p per call.

-Dinesh Sehra
  10. gurudev

gurudev New Member

vodafone 3g usb price is INR 1950/-
  11. arab

arab New Member

vodafone 3g stick problem

I very recently purchased vodafone usb 3g stick (model K3570 z). It works fairly well in Kolkata when I took it to my works with my netbook. But it does not work at Uttarpara which is only 10 kms distance suburb of Kolkata. Vdfn's service engineer failed to fix the problem. I think it is their local connectivity problem. Therefore I think it works in metros where the company has stronger network but its performance is doubtful in other areas.
    arab
  12. rock007

rock007 New Member

What is the speed in metros...!! Is it better than normal Vodafone Mobile Connect..?

I use Vodafone Net ie Vodafone Mobile Connect(VMC) having access point as "www" @ rs 98 for 2 gb ang get a max of 20-34 kbps :mad: both in mobile as well as my datacard Huawei UMG1831 which supports speed upto 21.1 Mbps.

When i use BSNL 3g with my modem it gives upto 350 kilobytes per sec ;)

Can you please tell me what plan you are using for vodafone and is their any special setting ..:confused:
  13. arab

arab New Member

I am using a usb net connect device as mentioned in my thread. It is purchased from Vodafone Store. I make a monthly recharge of Rs.98/- against which the permissible usage is 2 GB p.m. I have not yet attempted Vodafone's newly launched 3G service. But with the existing EDGE connection, the speed in Kolkata metro area reaches upto 220 kbps with full signal strength available.
  14. rock007

rock007 New Member

220KBPS means kilobit per sec or Kilobyte per sec :confused::confused:

What is the access point defined in your settings???

If it is kilobit per sec then the effective speed is 28-35 kilobyte per sec..! that i m already getting in both phone and modem...

VOdafone yet not launch 3g in kolkata..!! U can see its network but cannot latch on it .. ie register on it. Still in testing Mode.:mad::mad:

Few 3G experience zones(VODAFONE STORES) are declared by vodafone but it will work on their premises ...... :mad::mad:

I myself tried to use 3g of vodafone at many places of kolkata like sealdah,tollugunge,santoshpur ..but all showing unable to register .!!
    Hope It will be fixed soon..!! :cool::cool:
  15. gsaluja

gsaluja New Member

Bought One today

Hey Guys.. Just got the Vodafone 3 G Stick today ( delhi) will wait for the activation and let you all know...
  16. logiccool

logiccool New Member

what is the speed of this vodaphone 3g usb stick . it should be >2mbps(mega bit per sec) is not then its use less in delhi on mtnl 3g speed I am gettin is 2.6-2.8 mbps
  17. gsaluja

gsaluja New Member

They just activated it today and on 2g speed..i have placed a requested to be converted to 3g( required by Vodafone) tomorrow morning when i wake up will check and post
  18. s_ds

s_ds New Member

I contacted cc in kolkata circle to get activated for vodafone 3g...cc told me they are now using the test feed...commercially vodafone 3g will be launched in the 3rd week of march...
  19. blackmustang

blackmustang New Member

clarification required please!

Hi,

I have purchased a vodafone data stic couple of months back in andhra pradesh. I was told that they would be able to provide 3g speeds in a few months. However, I have now noticed that vodafone did not win the 3g spectrum auction for andhra pradesh circle. So, are they going to lease the spectrum from the other operators or are they going to continue providing me the service over a 2.5g network?

Thanks.
  20. logiccool

logiccool New Member

so why are you sticking to them, they have cheated you so badly. If I would be in your place then Vodaphone would have forget to cheat any body else in India . Easiest way is to approach consumer court and present your view camly and clearly.