Use of Airtel SIM card on Vodafone USB stick

Discussion in 'Airtel Broadband' started by arupmi, Oct 14, 2008.

1. arupmi

arupmi New Member

I am using a Vodafone USB stick for my wireless internet connection but have not been happy with Vodafone's billing & customer service. My question is -- can I get an Airtel sim card and use it inside the usb stick that I have already purchased from Vodafone? Or is there any sort of lock in place that would prevent that? When I open the Vodafone software, it shows the Airtel network as one of the available networks, but obviously, without an airtel sim, I cannot test it out.
  2. iChaitanya

iChaitanya New Member

What's the harm in experimenting?

Go ahead and just try whether it works or not! :)
  3. arupmi

arupmi New Member

I fully agree -- no harm in experimenting, but wouldn't I first have to purchase a data plan from Airtel? What would be the minimum cost involved. I already have a SIM card for an Airtel prepaid mobile connection, could I add on data services to that at a nominal cost -- if so, I might be willing to try it out.
  4. iChaitanya

iChaitanya New Member

Yep, that's possible. Call 121 for more info on data plans in your state. :)
  5. manojbt

manojbt New Member

vodafone usb stick

Dear Sir,

where r u from ?

how the speed is ? is it reliable ??

can I contact You, my number is 9702349726.

Thanks n regards,

manoj
  6. newprouser

newprouser Guest

Use PM fecilty to send your personal informtion to the desired person. Kindly remove the contact details from your post.:)
  7. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

8. vastok

vastok New Member

Please post anyone whats the download speed you get or Browsing speed when using Vodafone USB .
  9. Shobhit_Kumar

Shobhit_Kumar New Member

I think it'll work. try consulting on 121. Just give it a try!
  10. Jaganathsamal

Jaganathsamal New Member

Just activate the zero rental plan & then test by opening any small website (bcoz Rs.20/mb approx on this plan). If it works switch to a good plan & do inform us about it
  11. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

did it worked?

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if airtel sim card on vodafone usb stick worked.

Thank you

Ron
  12. viper_in_blood

viper_in_blood New Member

in any case it dosent work....same with ec325 which comes with relince...u need to get ur usb stick unlocked thn any gprs activated sim can work on tht..as for unlocking i dont know anybody who unlocks vodafone usb stick..better get some gud contacts..atthough if u want i can provide u unlocked ec325 ..it can work on tata or relince.......for more details pm me.....
  13. firofame

firofame Guest

I dont think that will be possible. those people would have locked the sim number
  14. viper_in_blood

viper_in_blood New Member

lock can be unocked...u need to find the right person for this work.
  15. harsh1191

harsh1191 New Member

i am using vodafone usb stick and i think it awesome..... my plan is Rs 500/- per month postpaid . it comes around 550 after tax and speed is 2.36 mbps i.e 240 to 250 kbps and i m so into downloading that i downloaded around 200 gb in a month......

i found it better than mts tataphoton etc becuase it dsnt hav any fair usage policy...
    mts have a fair usage policy of 30 gb and same with tata photon....

yeah at first vodaofne showed error after i downlaoded around 35 gb , so i went to vodafone store they just mailed to increase limit ......

now i m downloading as much as i want
  16. BLADE777

BLADE777 Member

Unlock you data card

@Arumpi

YES you can use the data card not only with Airtel but also with other service providers unless you unlock the data card. If you are interested to unlock the data card please read my post in Tata 3G

naming : How to unlock Tata Docomo 3G data card by FORCEINDIA if you do need the software check that post or get in touch with me for software and step its TOTALLY FREE OF COST , because i to got the software from one of the forum members for free...

id is : alirocker9337@gmail.com I am always online on gtalk

Thanks In Advance

Regards

FORCEINDIA
  17. alexander

alexander New Member

when download 12.1kbps:mad:but i use prepaid
  18. mickey

mickey New Member

please don't post personal contact details here.

Please don't post the same post everywhere in the forum to avoid a permanent ban,
  19. hareesh_sree

hareesh_sree New Member

unlock vodafone usb sick

please in form me to unlock my Vodafone K3570-z usb stick
    IMEI no. 356222040700395
    Sl no. 320B105475DF
  20. ulysses

ulysses Member

Vodafone 3.6mbps data card 3570Z is not locked at all!

Guys ! I have used Voda 3570z with all 3G sims other than Vodafone!!:p
    It is not locked at all. If you are using Win 7 it is very simple&no problem at all.
    If you are using Win XP a bit more complex. Read all the old threads.
    when voda software launches ,just reduce it.
    Just down load MDMA and launch it. fill up the APN and give *99# as the dialing no.you are done.
    In win 7 on the right hand side you will get a notification -networks available,right click-say connect-properties-fill up the APN and say connect automatically in roaming also. next time it will connect with out you doing anything.:rolleyes: