Unable to configure my zte zxdsl 831 all modem

Discussion in 'BSNL broadband' started by eruptionjoojo, Apr 1, 2008.

1. eruptionjoojo

eruptionjoojo New Member

i am using a zte zxdsl 831 all modem from bsnl...............but i am unable to figure out how to change the settings of dns server of my modem so that i can use open dns,while i have fiogured out my way to change network setiings of my windows vista.........pls. help me sort out this problem.......
  2. superprash2003

superprash2003 New Member

3. eruptionjoojo

eruptionjoojo New Member

4. superprash2003

i'm sorry dude.. but i dont have that modem.. you should find the DNS option somewhere there.under ADVANCED SETTINGS or something..i hope somebody else who has that modem or knows abt this helps you!!
  5. hemang

hemang Guest

ZTE 831 advanced settings

here is the solution. type 192.168.1.1 (or whatever you have configured for your modem) in your browser and log on with username and password. Once logged on the address shows as http://192.168.1.1/home.html. Now change it to http://192.168.1.1/home1.html and press "Enter" key. Now you have advanced config. Go to configuration --> dns client option and change the settings.
    Now I have a question too. Does changing these DNS servers really help in any way, I have never tried it. What is the advantage / disadvantage
  6. eruptionjoojo

eruptionjoojo New Member

thanks it did work out....................can u provide me user manual of this modem i.e. zte zxdsl 831 aii............bsnl technicians didn't provide me one & i didn't get any cd as well of drivers they told me that these modem where without cd & kindly explain what is firmware option meaning........??????????????
    bye the way i read online about open dns server which helps in increasing our browsing speed because it has less no. of user while on the contrary the dns which is assigned to us is slow because of higher no. of user's ............but,sry i don't know much about it & as well was wondering whether by using a 3rd party server would our usage be accounted???????????????......as u r not utilizing the basic isp server....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. superprash2003

no.. its got nothing to do with usage..dont worry about that.. and yes opendns is faster and more secure...
  8. lil2lilin

lil2lilin New Member

ZTE 831 advanced settings

hemang.....

hey thanks dude!............it was the best and it has worked also well..........i just would like to know if you could email me how to port forward for utorrent in that modem...please email me at lil2lilin@yahoo.com and put sub as ZTE modem...thanks man..................