TATA sky or Dish TV?

Discussion in 'Tata sky' started by Nicspy, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Nicspy

Nicspy New Member

Im from Vashi Navi mumbai & im confused which service should i choose out of TATA sky & dish. closed big tv connection... its not feasible any more.
  2. h n s mani

h n s mani Member

Hello!Do U mean u closed Big TV DTH?U found it is not working after installing it?Surprising.For any DTH the only requirement is that the line of sight to the satellite shud not be blocked by multistoried bldgs etc.AS for choosing between tata sky and Dish(Zee) the only difference is cost.tata sky is the costliest DTH service.In ZEE dish TV u get almost all popular channels fr rs 350/month.Just check whether it includes the sports cvhannels like Star sports pack Neo sports etc.In tata sky all sports channels are separate packs at extra cost.So u decide on zee dish TV after checking how many sports cvhannels are included in the main pack.
  3. neo001

neo001 New Member

I will suggest you Dishtv, reason being as you are from Mumbai and might also be looking for more marathi channels along with other channels.

So at present Dishtv have Max number of Marathi channels on their platform
    Total 9 Marathi channels

DD10 Sahyadri (Marathi)
    ETV Marathi
    Mi Marathi
    Star Majha
    Star Pravah
    Zee 24 Taas
    Zee Talkies
    Zee Marathi
    IBN Lokmat

Further Dishtv have more number of channels then Tata Sky

Dishtv offer most economical packages and ala-carte as compared with Tata Sky.

Dishtv packaging are quite good then Tata Sky as Tata Sky does not include sports channels and other entertainment channel in their base pack and for which you have to pay extra.

Where as Dishtv offer all the important channels in their base pack and at very economical price.

Dishtv has Good software and hardware, better and faster channels navigation.
  4. Vasundra

Vasundra Guest

Very important to get detailed information, check their website and get to know the channel packages and offers etc. I have a Tata Sky STB and they have one of the best customer service with good after-sale service. Do thorough research before making a final decision.
  5. Nicspy

Nicspy New Member

I feel right now big tv is costing way more than any other I have seen. so I think using dish tv would be a cheaper substitute. Besides every one of them have Good quality signals so its not the reception part i'm complaining about.
  6. Vasundra

Vasundra Guest

Tata Sky has good features also with its ongoing offers and promotions it gives a lot of opportunity to win freebies and goodies!!:cool:
  7. just4kix

just4kix Guardian Angel Staff Member

Advantages DishTV:
    • Lowest cost at an good quality. Subscribe to annual Platinum pack (Rs. 3990/- incl. of taxes) and get all channels + one regional bouquet. Comparatively TataSky is Rs. 5500/- for equivalent Annual mega pack (all channels).
    • Good service. I am a subscriber and I have never had to complain.

Advantages TataSky:
    • Simply one of the best STB and user interface. DishTV's STB and interface is at best, poor.
    • Slightly better quality of Video and Audio.
    • Very good service.
    • Annual mega pack is costly but carries price protection. And any new channel added during the year is automatically added to your pack at no extra cost.

Basically, it is choice between price and quality. Note that, I have DishTV at home and sometimes watch it on my projector. The image is blown to 8 ft. x 6 ft. and I find the quality reasonably (could be better). And this statement comes from someone who watches and is used to Blu-ray HD.
  8. Vasundra

Vasundra Guest

I agree with Tata Sky providing very good service:thumbup1: as it is outmatches others in Dth.
  9. just4kix

Does not mean that DishTV service is poor. Since I am not a TS subscriber, I cannot compare. But I can say that DishTV provides good service.
  10. Nicspy

Nicspy New Member

I wanna ask this! I know that we can attach only one set to setup box unlike cable tv, but is there a way to add 1 more?
  11. just4kix

Of course you can. You can take up to 3 more connections in the same home (address). This is known as Multiroom/Multi-TV connection. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th connections are known as child connections.

Please read this post: [post]251996[/post]
  12. neo001

neo001 New Member

Yes you can have this option in Dishtv As well, where you can connect max of 4 TV under mutitv Offer.
  13. Vasundra

Vasundra Guest

Multi-room connection is also provided by Tata Sky!
  14. just4kix

Not just TataSky or DishTV. ALL DTH providers offer multi-TV facility at (usually) 50% price for the 2nd/3rd/4th child connection, each.
  15. Nicspy

Nicspy New Member

thx just4kix, i bought dishtv with 2 daughter conncetions. its still pretty much cheap & has good quality video.
  16. Vasundra

Vasundra Guest

17. neo001

neo001 New Member

@ Vasundra,

First he already have 2 dishtv child connections.
    Second: Wrong info that Tata Sky provide second connection for Rs.500......They are just giving Installation free which cost Rs.500 for second connection.

Further Tata Sky packages are very costly and don't have required channels in their Packs where as Dishtv offer all the channels available in your base pack to your child connection as well which include all sports channels and all entertainment channels which lacks in Tata Sky.
  18. Vasundra

Vasundra Guest

I have asked the price paid in total for dish connection! and it is NOT A WRONG information at all Tata Sky has a free installation offer and I have mentioned Rs.500/- for additional (multiroom connection).
  19. neo001

neo001 New Member

Just Check your Statement once again......
  20. Vasundra

Vasundra Guest

The statement is perfectly right as it says, Tata Sky's offer i.e. FREE INSTALLATION OFFER (link provided) provides a multiroom (additional) connection @ Rs.500/-. In fact this is a great offer where in the parent connection is of no cost at all.