Static IP Setting BSNL

Discussion in 'BSNL broadband' started by jitulko, Feb 12, 2008.

1. jitulko

jitulko New Member

Can anyone tell me HOW CAN I SET UP STATIC IP ON BRIDGE MODE IN BSNL BROADBAND. My requirement is
    -->Modem on bridge mode
    -->Static IP on Lancard of PC
    -->Internet available without dialing

Like AIRTELS STATIC IP SETTING
  2. soroccoheaven

soroccoheaven Member

1. you cant have internet available without dialing in bridge mode because in bridge mode modem will do the modulation part of communication no authentication's will be done so for authentication you have to use a dialer. for always on you have to configure your modem for pppoe.

2. ya you can have private static IP (not public IP for public IP contact your ISP) in any mode ie. Bridge or PPPoe.
  3. Logik

Logik New Member

well i think BSNL allows the static IP only for slected plans or are we able to gragb it by setting modem?
  4. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 Platinum Member

there are two types of IP--internal(something like 192.168.x.x. which modem assigns to your computer LAN card) & external(something like 117.x.x.x for new bsnl customers which bsnl assigns to your modem).

you can't get external static IP for home plans.

you can get static internal IP by modem settings.

when you download/surf/do anything on internet its your external IP which matters.this IP is used to send any data to/from your computer over internet.
  5. ozdesi

ozdesi New Member

6. soroccoheaven

soroccoheaven Member

ya ..it is with some selected plans and you will get a modem for that plan too (you have to exchange/pay for it or you can use your existing modem ).
  7. just4kix

just4kix Guardian Angel Staff Member

As already posted by soroccoheaven, you cannot have bridge mode and no dialing. You must use PPPoE for automated dialing.

Static IP for LAN Card: I do not understand what purpose it will serve. It is a private IP inside your own network. You can easily do this:

1. Right click on 'My Network Places' and click-select 'Properties'
    2. Right click on 'Local Area Connection' and click-select 'Properties'
    3. From the list of items, click to highlight 'Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)' and click on 'Properties' button.
    4. Click on the radio button 'Use the following IP Address' and enter:
    ....IP Address: An IP address that is withing the range of your DHCP Server of the modem/router
    ....Subnet MasK: 255.255.255.0
    ....Default Gateway: The IP address of your modem/router
    5. Click on OK.
    6. Reboot the machine.

However, as said before, I do not see what purpose is served by this static IP. For internet, the IP address is the address that is assigned to the router by your ISP. It is still dynamic unless you have a plan that gives you static IP.
  8. jitulko

jitulko New Member

Boss, Thanx for ur guidance. My concern is Airtel is providing Static IP with internet on bridge mode.
    Ex. - If I have a internet connection with Static ip 58.56.56.98(suppose) then I have to configure modem in bridge mode. In PCs Lan card, I have to provide
    IP address - 58.56.56.98 (Static IP)
    Subnet - 255.255.255.0
    Gateway - 58.56.56.1 (Gateway of static IP)

DNS- 202.56.224.153

I dont have to dial any number for internet access.

Is it possible with BSNL??????????????
  9. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 Platinum Member

no!this is not possible with bsnl.also bsnl does not tie your connection with your LAN card using its MAC address.instead it binds connection to your phone line.
  10. superprash2003

superprash2003 New Member

Nope,not possible..
  11. Sanjiv_ray

Sanjiv_ray New Member

Regarding the activation of Static IP address

I had applied for a broadband connection for the tariff plan Business 4000 in which one Static IP Address is free. I have got the connection and a Static IP address but Static IP Address is not work properly. I have been running after for ten days. in spite of repeated request my static IP address has not activated. I do not know where i have to contact.
  12. skap

skap New Member

It made to raise my eyebrow..how come without dialing you will be able to connect? It might be configured for always ON or auto dialing.
  13. just4kix

There is a lot of confusion on static IP. If ISP is providing static IP, it must be assigned to the router and not the TCP/IP address of the desktop/laptop.

1. Let us assume that ISP has given you a static IP as 204.178.89.101
    2. The above IP address is an IP address from the DHCP of the ISP. This is also a real IP address or an external IP address.
    3. Your home modem/router has an external IP address (given by ISP) and an internal IP address (given by you, e.g., 192.168.1.1). I have explained this here.
    4. If your router's internal IP address is 192.168.1.1 then its subnet is 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.255. Your networked devices connected to the router (desktop, laptop, printers, wi-fi phones, etc.) can have these addresses only.
    5. You cannot assign the address "204.178.89.101" to any of your machines because it is part of a different subnet. If you do, you will not be able to connect.

Hope this helps.
  14. prakashjjs

prakashjjs Guest

static ip

BSNL is offerning now static ip for plans above Rs.1800 at a monthly rental of Rs.100 regardless of the connection whether home or business. :)
  15. roopak

roopak New Member

static IP

HI
    yes, you can give a static ip for systems connected to DSL Router, (bridge or other).

modem settings
    ----------------
    log on to modem using 192.168.1.1
    under lan tab - disable DHCP server

system settings
    ----------------
    open network connestions
    right click - properties for lan or bridge
    tcp ip properties
    give these ip address

ip address--192.168.1.2 (192.168.1.--anything upto 255 for each system)
    subnet mask--255.255.255.0
    default gateway-192.168.1.1

preffered dnd server 192.168.1.1

roopak
  16. panchabhut

panchabhut Active Member

that seems to be a good initiative
  17. kavithaRamesh

kavithaRamesh New Member

Pc to modem connection is ok, but still internet is not working

Hi,

I'm facing this problem from past one week. reset of modem establishment of connection between pc and modem through router page ie., 192.168.1.1 is done
    it's showing like this.

PC---------Dataone ADSL router-----X-----Internet

So please help me, how to get connected to internet.

Thanks In advance.
  18. meetdilip

meetdilip Guest

Start > run > cmd >ipconfig/all, please post the screen shot.
  19. just4kix

Also post the model and make of your modem.
  20. superprash2003

superprash2003 New Member

are you planning on connecting using bridged mode ( i.e. using a dialer ) or pppoe mode ( i.e. automatically connect) ?