Sos-- Buying Huawei E3131 & Mtnl Dolphin 1650 --sos

Shivam

So, I live in a place where you cant have a cable broadband service service (viraj khand,gomti nagar,Lucknow). I have bought and used the photon + . The DL speed are 250kb/s under the data limit but when I run out of 12 gigs the speeds are throttled to 20 kb/s so now it seems photon+ isn't fulfilling my needs anymore.

I need good DL speeds . (anything near or above 300kb/s)
I need data . ( I would require 100gb+ worth of data every month)

Huawei E3131 supports 3g sims and is hsdpa 21.5 mbps and everyone knows about the mtnl 1650 plan , It offers no capped data limits. So I think these are worth a shot.

MY QUESTIONS-

Q1-) Is mtnl available in lucknow ?

Q2-) Will the sim be utilising the 21 hsdpa or should i stick with a cheap Micromax MMX 353G 7.2 hsdpa , will the hsdpa make a difference ? The price difference surely would.

Q3-) What would be the download speeds ? a guess would do fine.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Q1-) Is mtnl available in lucknow ?
MTNL is not available at Lucknow but you can use an MTNL sim card bought from Delhi on BSNL network at Lucknow without any roaming charges.

Q2-) Will the sim be utilising the 21 hsdpa or should i stick with a cheap Micromax MMX 353G 7.2 hsdpa , will the hsdpa make a difference ? The price difference surely would.
I use MTNL 3g in Delhi and I dont see speed crossing 3-4mbps at any time but it may be different on BSNL network so it is worth spending a little extra on a 21mbps hsdpa data card.

Q3-) What would be the download speeds ? a guess would do fine.
I get 2-3mbps on torrents but some times it wont even load the basic Google home page. It is not a very reliable connection. I use it only for heavy downloading that is not of an urgent nature. I use Airtel 3G for browsing as it is much more reliable.