Slow browsing speed

Discussion in 'BSNL broadband' started by raamee, Jan 8, 2013.

1. raamee

raamee Member

I'm using BSNL plan 750. Modem is cisco WAG200G. Previously the browsing and download speed was good . Now recently, the browsing speed is worst and some times websites won't load. But youtube always opens lighting fast and youtube streaming is good. I'm using Google DNS. Tried with opendns too. The issue continues. Download speed is good , but not browsing speed. Any help?
  2. ramitzar

ramitzar New Member

Have you tried with multiple browsers ??
    Clean cache, temporary internet files, cookies from your browser settings.
  3. raamee

raamee Member

I tried clearing cache and still issue remains. Now download speed is also low. I tried linux and windows OS.
  4. ramitzar

ramitzar New Member

how much download speed you are getting ?
    750 ULD plan has speed supports 1Mbps upto 6GB usage.post that speed becomes 512kbps.
    check whether u have exceeded 6GB usage.
  5. ankit12690

ankit12690 New Member

i also faced this problem so now i'm using reliance internet the speed is 2 mbps and it's really awesome it's unlimited and the price is 700 per month
  6. raamee

raamee Member

No, speed cap is not there . I didn't utilize the 6GB yet . Even if the speed becomes 512kbps, the browsing will be fast . I'm using this broadband since 2010 .
  7. raamee

raamee Member

Reliance is not available in my location.
  8. ramitzar

ramitzar New Member

Might be an issue with your line.Check SNR & Line attenuation values by logging in to your modem.SNR should be > 20dB & line attenuation < 20dB.
  9. raamee

raamee Member

These are the values I get in modem:

10. ramitzar

ramitzar New Member

So, the issue is with the line.
    As given in your data, Max SNR = 16 dB
    MAx Attenuation = 32 dB
    Ask your ISP to fix the line.hopefully the issue would be resolved if the joints & termination in your line are done afresh.