site not working

Discussion in 'BSNL broadband' started by hitesh.07, Feb 8, 2009.

1. hitesh.07

hitesh.07 New Member

thepiratebay.org is not working, browser shows: Page not found - connection failure.

is there some problem in my mtu setting, is the site down?
  2. cool_techie_tvm

cool_techie_tvm Amor vincit omnia

Which is your AV software? Get the PC scanned with a respectable AV software like Kaspersky. There is a worm on loose, which disables access to TPB.
  3. hitesh.07

hitesh.07 New Member

i dont think my pc is infected i read this article about the worm u mentioned - Trojan Blocks The Pirate Bay and Mininova | TorrentFreak

but my hosts file is not modified and i am able to access mininova.

i am not able to access only the sites whcih are of thepiratebay.org, suprbay.org and thevideobay.org

r u able u access ne of them?
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  4. cool_techie_tvm

Ok. Thanks.

Which is your DNS? Are u able to ping/trace route to the mentioned websites?
  5. hitesh.07

hitesh.07 New Member

Opendns. yes i am able to ping and mturoute thepiratebay.org

okay i tried its direct ip address, tried in linux too and even used proxy, but it didnt work, so probbly the site is down

can ne1 confirm, is it working for anyone?
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  6. cool_techie_tvm

The site is working for me, am on BSNL too !!
  7. amitkool21

amitkool21 New Member

mininova is working on my side
    piratebay is in maintenence mode.....

and when i googled the word thevideobay than there is no exact named site was there........
  8. newprouser

newprouser Guest

I was able to access TPB.. but the search did not work.... so essentially the site wasn't working for me too :(
  9. superprash2003

superprash2003 New Member

10. cool_techie_tvm

I do not understand. I am able to open up the website and browse for torrents. Yet many are reporting that the site's search function is not active and the site is in maintenance mode !!
  11. hitesh.07

hitesh.07 New Member

Thanks, ya in think its in maintainance mode, now the site is loading, but on searching it shows 'Could not connect to caching server'

i read about thevideobay.org from some sites it is another sites form piratebay.org creators probably and i think its still in development so is shows an error.
  12. amitkool21

amitkool21 New Member

ya it was working now but the t shirt logo was on right side........

before 5 minutes i got this msg......

[​IMG]
  13. hitesh.07

hitesh.07 New Member

thanks that a very good site, would try that before, next time a problem occurs..
  14. newprouser

newprouser Guest

@amitkool21

Resize ur picx dude.. show the entire desktop only when its absolutely necessary coz it guzzles our BW :(
  15. amitkool21

amitkool21 New Member

i posted this because it wont worked for me before 5 mins and showed this msg........