Should I Purchase A Laptop Or Notebook?

Ive been using a desktop for many years now and am a first time buyer of a portable device and am stuck between purchasing a laptop and notebook. The main difference I know of the two is that a notebook doesn't have a disk drive, other than that I do not know of any differences between the two. There is nothing major which I will be doing on the laptop or notebook, it would be work related things which will involve using excel, word and power point and for personal use I would be just browsing and checking emails, so overall nothing heavy and just the basics. With a new purchase I do not wish to go over Rs35000.

Preeti_20

I think because you wont be doing too much heavy loaded work, then a notebook would be suitable for you. If you are sure that you wont need a disk drive then choose a notebook over a laptop, if you think you will be needing a disk drive then go for a laptop.

There is no much difference in the two, so you can go with any. Some netbooks don't have a disk drive which is something you need to consider when you make your choice.

Gopi

If you are going to be doing work which does not involve anything more than the basic like typing, browsing, or other office related work then a Netbook would be fine, if you intend to do more than this then go for a laptop.

If its just basic work then go for a netbook, if there's more and you also may plan to use a DVD or CD then go for a laptop.

If its just basic work then go for a netbook, if there's more and you also may plan to use a DVD or CD then go for a laptop.
Hi friends

I have been using a Lenovo ideapad S10 netbook since 2009.it has a HDD but no addl disk drive.I use it only for browsing mainly and typing letters.it is 10in size very handy.2gb RAM and 160gb HDD.I presume netbooks are available even today
in Lenovo!I hope 4gb RAM and 500gb HDD would suffice!