Service Incompetency Of Tata Sky

Friends I need some Info. Would be of great help if you can provide me answers to the following. Its urgent and for a greater cause.
1. Do you use the Tata Sky DTH service?
2. If you are subscribed to Tata Sky, have you ever had an issue and they failed or delayed in resolving this or their service was not up to the mark?
3. If yes, can you please give me a brief summary of it? For the details I shall get in touch with you.
****Friends who are not using the Tata Sky DTH service or didn't had any such issues please share this post so that I can reach out and gather as much information as possible. Please do extend your helping hand, I need it so much.

Preeti_20

I have been using Tata Sky DTH service for quite some time now, and had no problems with them or their services at all. The only draw back is that its costlier than other DTH providers.

I have been using Tata Sky DTH service for quite some time now, and had no problems with them or their services at all. The only draw back is that its costlier than other DTH providers.
Thank you so much for replying. I too have been using Tata Sky since 2008 and I am also a priority customer of Tata Sky. But of late the service of Tata Sky has deteriorated in regards to the service requests of the customers and also that they have adopted some anti consumer policies.

No problems with Tata Sky, but a recent query about Tata Sky and the channel Baby TV, for which they are advertising for the mobile application and not actually showing the channel for STB users.

No problems with Tata Sky, but a recent query about Tata Sky and the channel Baby TV, for which they are advertising for the mobile application and not actually showing the channel for STB users.
Yes Tata Sky is still the most premier DTH service available in India and there is no doubt to that. But recently I have started to notice some very concerning issues with them and so have started a process to change them. I have the problems I faced first hand for reference and want to know if there are any more type of problems that are faced by somebody else so that I can bring those also into the ambit.

Thank you so much for replying. I too have been using Tata Sky since 2008 and I am also a priority customer of Tata Sky. But of late the service of Tata Sky has deteriorated in regards to the service requests of the customers and also that they have adopted some anti consumer policies.
Hi, I have been having Tata Sky DTH since 2008 at Mysore and i am vewry much satisfied with the quality of the reception and the response to customer request for service.For example they replaced the old STB with a MPEG-4 type free of cost recently and added more malayalam channels tamil channels etc.Very recently they brought in SVBC and Sankara channels on full size screen without charging extra.What I appreciate mainly with Tata Sky is the transparency in service .No hidden costs at all.

I have one request to all those who post problems on BB, telecom service, DTH etc in this forum.Please mention your location.That will help others to assess the service quality by comparing with that avialable in their region.For that matter Tata sky renders the service through the franchisee agents in all locations. maybe they are not technically well trained or well informed in some areas.

Yes Tata Sky is still the most premier DTH service available in India and there is no doubt to that. But recently I have started to notice some very concerning issues with them and so have started a process to change them. I have the problems I faced first hand for reference and want to know if there are any more type of problems that are faced by somebody else so that I can bring those also into the ambit.
Hi Bhowmick,

I am tata sky user since 2008 based in mysore. though costwise it is higher than other DTH the quality of service is excellent.recently they made a free replacement of MPEG-4 STBs.of late there is some problem in communicating with them!the online chat is no good!we type all blah blah ! after 1minute gap that tatasky chap/girl says we will look into your problem.the biggest lacuna is lack of a facility to list out the pacakges we recharge while doing RC online.For example i am om south sports+ star sports pack due for Rc on 29th april.but on 20th april a msg flashed o0n my TV screen pl RC immediately.!I was surprised but did the RC on net immediately paying thru netbanking!yesterday 22nd I get aSMS that South sports pack is due for RC on 29th!That means they havent taken my RC amt into credit!I tried to get them on online chat this 23rd morn! that chap after reading all blah blah listed by me says you pl come back to us on due date! that is
29th!this indicates a deterioration in quality of service and customer care
access!And about that phone the less said the better.After going thru all that dialling we have to wait for eternity no one responds! why cant they have an email facility!I would liuke to know about similar experience by any fellow members! regards

Hi Bhowmick,

I am tata sky user since 2008 based in mysore. though costwise it is higher than other DTH the quality of service is excellent.recently they made a free replacement of MPEG-4 STBs.of late there is some problem in communicating with them!the online chat is no good!we type all blah blah ! after 1minute gap that tatasky chap/girl says we will look into your problem.the biggest lacuna is lack of a facility to list out the pacakges we recharge while doing RC online.For example i am om south sports+ star sports pack due for Rc on 29th april.but on 20th april a msg flashed o0n my TV screen pl RC immediately.!I was surprised but did the RC on net immediately paying thru netbanking!yesterday 22nd I get aSMS that South sports pack is due for RC on 29th!That means they havent taken my RC amt into credit!I tried to get them on online chat this 23rd morn! that chap after reading all blah blah listed by me says you pl come back to us on due date! that is
29th!this indicates a deterioration in quality of service and customer care
access!And about that phone the less said the better.After going thru all that dialling we have to wait for eternity no one responds! why cant they have an email facility!I would liuke to know about similar experience by any fellow members! regards

Hi,
As if to add insult to injury the tatasky website is not accessible since yesterday 28th!I wonder why they are sleeping over it!I am sure TCS is hosting their website! then what is the problem?we have to depend on phone only! they will go on and on "dial 1 ...dial2...etc etc!I have to Rc my south sports pack today!