seagate 1 TB external harddisk

Discussion in 'Computer Accessories' started by inba, Sep 15, 2009.

1. inba

inba Member

hi IBF guys,
    After a long dilemma, i bought a new seagate 1tb desktop type external harddisk.usb connectivity. extremely good in performance, price rs 4950/-.

it can be used as a portable one the size is just double the size of the the pocket size external harddisk.:)
  2. just4kix

just4kix Guardian Angel Staff Member

That is a good price you paid. What is the model number?
  3. speedy

speedy New Member

I bought a 1TB Segate harddisk(Baracudda 7200.12) alone for Rs.4000 in Hyderabad.
    I chose this harddisk because it provided best Rs. per MB and also it's reviews were really good.
  4. rajan1310

rajan1310 New Member

i dunno man.... always confused with seagate....

My bro works in seagate, he says it pretty good, but my baracuda died in just 1 year (i lost bill so..) i use WD now

Good price for the external bro !!
    You can power it just by USB ??no external power required ?? If yes, its an AWESOME price, i paid Rs3,000 for 160GB :p
  5. just4kix

just4kix Guardian Angel Staff Member

A friend/colleague of mine asked me to purchase a 1 TB Seagate external HDD. I purchased an external powered USB disk for $ 120 + tax. This amounts to a little less than Rs. 6500/-.

So the price you (inba) paid is pretty good.
  6. pshrinivasan

pshrinivasan Member

What if you lost the bill ? You can always claim the warranty, just go to Seagate website and register your complaint. If it is within warranty you don't need a bill, you get a replacement.
  7. inba

inba Member

Seagate FreeAgent | Desk 1TB 3.5" External Portable Hard Disk Drive (ST310005FDM201-RK) with USB2.0

thanks just4kix :):thumbup:, i got it in chennai, see the below link for more details on other peripherals and shop details
    url:http://www.deltapage.com/
  8. speedy

speedy New Member

The harddisk prices are falling sharply every month.
    Just a month ago when I enquired about the price of the same harddisk ,it was Rs.4500.
    And I got the harddisk alone for Rs.4000 , not along with the external casing.
    About Segate it has the best customer care in India .
    Even if the harddisk gets damaged due to your own mishandling or if it gets slowed down or if you feel it is making any sounds you can just go to the service centre and they will get it replaced without much paperwork which is necessary for other harddisk brands like WD,Hitachi etc.
  9. rajan1310

rajan1310 New Member

u sure??? It still has 1.5 years of warranty. Will do now. thx. :)
  10. mickey

mickey New Member

guys my brother will purchase a Seagate 1 terabyte from Bangalore,i am not aware of the model no.. but he says its around 5500-6000/- thats what i know..

i thought 1 tera seagate costs around 4-5000/- please kindly someone from BNG..confirm this..

guys my brother will purchase a Seagate 1 terabyte from Bangalore,i am not aware of the model no.. but he says its around 5500-6000/- thats what i know..

i thought 1 tera seagate costs around 4-5000/- please kindly someone from BNG..confirm this..
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  11. gaggan4392

gaggan4392 New Member

I am using it......
    Amazing speed while transfer........:D
  12. Ruby

Ruby Guest

i too live in hyderabad! from where did you buy!
  13. gaggan4392

gaggan4392 New Member

You can see it online.......:p
  14. logan

logan New Member

Seagate is best value for money hard drive and performance is also superb
  15. gopinath421

gopinath421 New Member

Please suggest the Best Price for Seagate 1 TB External hardisk Portable USB

Hi,.. when did u purchased this, I want to purchase seagate external hardisk 1 TB Portable. Can you suggest me where can i get the best price.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2010
  16. inba

inba Member

portable 1 tera byte seagate harddisk

@gopinath421,
    where you are located , if you are in chennai you can checkout the link i have mentioned in above thread. i bought an year ago, mine is external harddisk and need power adapter.

portable 1 tera byte seagate is available around 5650 with 3 years warranty.
  17. acc1444

acc1444 Guest

I think little bit high you have paid.

Because desktop hard drive will cost you 2 to 3k bucks and get externel usb case. It may be cheap.
  18. inba

inba Member

you got me wrong,
    there are 3 types of extenal harddisk,
    1. external harddisk with power cord.
    2. external harddisk portable(no need of power cord)
    3.internal harddisk with extenal case (power cord)

i own the first type external harddisk which need power. what i have paid before an year is worth it.

personally i don't prefer the 3 type, depends on your need and utility you can select your type and model.
  19. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Banned

Seagate And WD always is the smarter choice. I love the design of seagate cover that look high class and it not so easy to get virus attack because it do have own small firewall.
  20. anuragshiv

anuragshiv New Member

I have since recently been on the look out for a good external hard drive(without power cord). I have decided on a seagate 1TB hard drive(the goflex range). Could you please tell me where in Bangalore I could find, if not this one, a good collection of hardrives to choose from. Any good store will do...