Reliance Jio 4g

Discussion in '4G LTE' started by ShreyasPanday, Mar 26, 2014.

1. ShreyasPanday

ShreyasPanday New Member

Anyone got any final details to when Reliance will have their 4G services available and exactly to which cities this will be available in. Its like the 4G venture has taken a stand still.

2. Jitesh

Jitesh New Member

No news yet, but in another thread on the forum someone has mentioned that the launch date is supposed to be in July this year. Reliance Jio Launching in July

3. Aviinash

Aviinash New Member

is it true that Reliance will be providing the most affordable 4G tariffs?

4. Pinkesh

Pinkesh New Member

Yes it is supposed to be true that Reliance is supposed to be providing the most affordable 4G services. Its quite obvious as well I mean they have cheap calling services, 3G services so the same would apply to their 4G services as well.

5. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Reliance 4G is due to be launched at Mumbai within three weeks if news reports are to be believed. Reliance has applied for permission from the government for that.

6. gspal

gspal Member

I have been eagerly awaiting the launch of Reliance Jio so that I can get a budgeted 4G smartphone at a cheap price. A smartphone that will cover all 4G spectrums covered by Reliance Jio - 800 MHz, 1800 MHz, 2300 MHz. An addition of 2600 MHz in which BSNL has won spectrum for 4G would be an added bonus. Also their MiFi 4G dongles. They are supposed launch their services in December 2015, but sad news is coming that it will be further postponed to March 2015 to give time to Made in India smartphones to be able to supply phones to Reliance Jio as per its guidelines. For bulk sales to Reliance, Samsung is not prepared to lower its 4G smartphone price below Rs8500.

7. gspal

gspal Member

Pl read "will be further postponed to March 2015" as will be further postponed to March 2016. Sorry for the error.

8. gspal

gspal Member

At their Reliance Digital website they have four LYF phones. The budget one of Rs6500, Flame 1, seems to have specs of a forgotten era. Better to stick to other brands offering 4G LTE and 4G VoLTE. What have other members to say? Currently, I am only interested in their 4G Data Mi-Fi dongle. What will be the state of their LYF brands once 700 mHz is auctioned in March 2016?

9. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

There seems to be no end to this wait for Reliance's 4G.

@gspal I have bought a Lenovo 4G mobile phone which cost me 10K and it works well with Airtel 4G right now here in Delhi so I am hoping to use the same phone for Reliance if and when they launch :) LYF phones specs are outdated..

10. gspal

gspal Member

I have my eyes set on budget Xolo ERA X exclusively available at amazon.in for Rs5777. It has 5" 294ppi display with Corning Gorilla Glass, 2GB RAM, 8GB ROM expandable to 32GB, 1.5Ghz Quad Core Processor, 2500mAh removable battery, Hive UI, 8MP rear with flash and 5MP front cameras, in-built K-class amplifier and Box speakers for music lovers, FM Radio, Video Player and Recorder, Music Player, Dual Sim 4G+4G one at a time can support 4G, VoLTE, supporting 4G Bands TDD40(2300 MHz), FDD3(1800 MHz),FDD5(850 MHz), like LYF Flame 1 (all LYF phones have crappy price & specs with bad reviews on the internet), Android 5.1 Lollipop with guaranteed update to Android 6 Marshmallow, Mali 400 MP2 GPU, etc. Comments please.