Reliance 3G 28 Mbps download speed.

Discussion in 'Reliance 3G' started by BChowdhury, Sep 11, 2011.

1. BChowdhury

BChowdhury New Member

Has anyone got 28 Mbps downlink speed with any data card? Reliance's own 21.6 Mbps USB Data Card is capable of, well, only 21.6 Mbps. How does one get 28 Mbps speed? With some kind of 3G router?
  2. gerrypeter12

gerrypeter12 New Member

I didn't have any idea, for you better solution is ask to reliance care in that they give beneficial information.
  3. m0rphis

m0rphis Guest

Here's my maximum speed....[​IMG]
  4. maddy143ded

maddy143ded New Member

what you need todo is find the datacard that is 21.6 mbps and which can be upgraded to 28mbps via firmwire update.
    google it or search for it on the forum. i read about ir in the past week or so but dont have the link.
  5. tolkapiam

tolkapiam New Member

Airtel with 7.2 mbps gives some times give full 7 mbps at my place.
    Reliance with 21mbps enabled tower should give 10-15mbps easily with good signal.
    Speedtest screenshot with Galaxy Nexus with Airtel3g in Hyderabad.

[​IMG]
  6. dushie

dushie Member

U can go for Huawei K4505 , with the latest firmware update it gives 28.8 Mbps speeds. I am using the same and pretty happy with it.
  7. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

I recently got a Reliance 3g connection with a 21mbps data card and the max constant speed I have ever seen is a little less then 7mbps and I am at Newdelhi so I think it would be safe to assume that there are very few towers that have been upgraded to 28mbps kind of speed.
    Even 7mbps speed is decent given the fact that I only have 15GB data limit per month.
  8. tolkapiam

tolkapiam New Member

If the towers are indeed 14 /21/28 mbps enabled ,you should be getting 10-12 mbps easily. (in IDM areyou getting 700 to 900 kBps?)
    what is the Reliance 21mbps Datacard model no and price? Locked or Unlocked?
    15 gb/ month quote -is it post paid or pre paid -what is the subscription rate?

with my 21mbps data speed Android phone tethered to pc ,I get full 7 mbps out of Airtel 3g in Hyderabad sometimes.most of the time 3-5 mbps in speedtest. while downloading reduces to 300-350 kBps.
  9. Admin

The datacard model is : ZTE MF668A and I dont know if its locked or unlocked. How do I find out? I payed Rs3200 for this datacard and the connection is post paid but it only worked for two days and now it says no network :)
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  10. Admin

I dont have IDM but I do have access to a server which has a dedicated downlink of 1000Mbps so it would be more or less the same with IDM as well or may be a little less.
  11. tolkapiam

tolkapiam New Member

Are you saying your post paid Reliance 3G 21mbps Data card is not working at all ??
    To rule out any problem in your reliance PP a/c ,insert your sim in your Android phone (and or other 7.2 mbps data card if you have any)and try to connect.If it works ,problem is with data card connectivity.

You can remove the Reliance software which was installed and try to re instal. most of the time it will be solved. Iam sure you know the APN of Reliance 3G gsm for post paid. since it is a ZTE card, you can not use media partner.

for 15 Gb quota / month post paid -what are the monthly charges?

21 mbps data card @ rs 3200 - a bit expensive - you can get UMG 1831 unlocked @ Rs 2400 from ebay.
    to see whether it is locked or not ? after it starts working with reliance post paid sim again, remove and insert any other company sim (with 2G/3G data pack )other than reliance. then you will know locked or not!
  12. Admin

Like Like super like :) I uninstalled the client and reinstalled it and bingo :) its working again :)
    I didint really have any idea about the prices of different datacards and this 21mbps card was only available with post paid so I got one and paid Rs3200 although I dont like the idea of post paid especially with Reliance because I have had issues with them with their wimax connection which was post paid.

I have an option of converting this connection to prepaid after initial 3 months so its not too bad :) I am paying Rs1200 for 15GB so its a lot cheaper then Airtel who is charging me Rs1250 for 10GB.
  13. tolkapiam

tolkapiam New Member

Admn:
    Iam glad my suggestion solved your problem.

You continue to use reliance GSM 3G in your ZTE MF668A -21 mbps data card and when you want to get a divorce from Reliance 3G,then we will worry how to unlock it ?(if it is locked)
    15 GB for Rs 1200 is reasonable. Though MTNL delhi gives much more GB for Rs 1650/nonth 3G Post paid,it is highly undependable. Iam sure you can use Networx to keep a track of your approximate daily download/upload data usage.
    Reliance 3G ( no coverage in south india except Mumbai cty) is the fastest 3G and pricing is fair.
    [​IMG]
  14. Admin

This is what they say on thier website for the 15GB data plan :

*After data usage at 3G speeds is consumed, unlimited browsing is available at speeds up to 64 Kbps

And it says the same thing on the price list page I have so I am not worried about hitting the data limit. I am well aware of some companies advertising something and doing something else in practice so my idea is to not pay the bill atall if they charge me for extra usage :)
  15. Admin

Mtnl's reception is too bad in my area and I used it for a few months some time back and decided not to use it ever again.