Reliability of Touch Screen Phones in India

Discussion in 'Mobile phones' started by pothi, Sep 9, 2011.

1. pothi

pothi Member

For those who have been using touch screen phones in India... how reliable are these touch screen phones?

For example, the famous Nokia c2-03 has already got negative reviews about it's touch screen. May be because it uses resistive touch screen. But how do the other phones do on the long run, especially in India? I have a feeling that the pollution in India doesn't go well with these touch screen phones in the long run (except for phones such as Motorola Defy that is dustproof, scratch & water resistant). What's your take on this? I love to have your thoughts and your own experience on this.

PS: I don't use any touch screen phones. So, I don't have any personal experience to share. But, would like to go for a touch screen phone soon, depending on your feedback. :) Thanks.
  2. pisces_m

pisces_m New Member

Resistive screens tend to worn out easily than capacitive screens. People tend to put more pressure with stylus or finger nails and without a screen guard it gets damaged then starts blaming the phone.

I have been using HTC Wildfire iPod touch from last 1 year, never faced any issue with the capacitive screen, got a good screen guard from day one. Pollution has nothing to do with screen performance i think so unless someone rubs his cellphone on the ground or throws it in dust. Even while talking some sweat comes on screen wipe it off and you are ready to go. I think screen guard takes most of the beating.
  3. pothi

pothi Member

Hi Pisces. I never thought about using a screen guard for touch screen phones. That's an eye opener for me. :) Thanks for explaining your thoughts and your own experience on touch screens.
  4. panchabhut

panchabhut Active Member

yes. screen guard is a must. and it should be a good one - if you pay 10k for the phone why not pay another 200 for a good screen guard - and should be installed right from day one.
  5. pothi

pothi Member

Hi Panchabhut. Thanks for the comment. You do have a point. When spending 10k, one shouldn't bother about 200+ for screen guard. :)
  6. Preeti_20

Preeti_20 Active Member

Touch screens work fine in India and are reliable enough. Its up to you how you take care of it, its delicate so you got to make sure that you protect your screen with a screen guard and not put it down with force. You can get any touch screen phone and it will be fine, however I do not know about local makes or brands!!! But big brands like Nokia, Samsung, LG, Sony touch screens work fine.
  7. tmitra

tmitra Member

For touch-screen phones, always a good brand should be chosen. My Nokia 5233 had been dropped for about 15 times from my hands, used in many tough conditions without a screen guard for 2 years, but still its running as if I've just bought it from the store. There is nothing wrong in resistive touch-screens. The only thing you've got to do is putting some pressure while touching. If some phone has got negative reviews then its the fault of that specific phone's design and build quality. For that you cannot blame the whole touch-screen family or resistive touch.