Punjabi Keyboard

Discussion in 'Computer Accessories' started by Preeti_20, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Preeti_20

Preeti_20 Active Member

Ok guys i need your help, especially those living in Delhi. I've been looking for a Punjabi keyboard for months now and have had no luck at all, where can i buy a punjabi keyboard from. I don't want the stickers to put on the keyboard but the keyboard itself in Punjabi.

You can also get Hindi keyboards too, but i require a Punjabi keybaord, where can i find them?
  2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Do they exist?
  3. Preeti_20

Preeti_20 Active Member

Of course they do, I've seen punjabi blogs, and Punjabi newspapers use that keyboard too!
  4. Rameshjeee

Rameshjeee Good to be Back

5. aashaka_gandhi

aashaka_gandhi De WatEvaa SweetHeart

i ve neva heard abt punjabi keyboards.....
  6. Preeti_20

Preeti_20 Active Member

Maybe because ur in Gujrat, and never needed to fact to know or hear about Punjabi keyboard!

yes i've seen this site, but it only allows you to type in that particular box, and then you would have to copy and paste onto another place! Or is there something to install?
  7. SmoothVibes

SmoothVibes Super Moderator Staff Member

yes punjabi keyboards are there and if you need one then can get it from nehru place, i can give you my vendor's number who can get it for you on order, may take a day or two.
  8. navgemi

navgemi New Member

I never knew about this.This is something very useful.
    This will satisfy my occassional crave for writing in punjabi... :):)
    You are truelly our research scientist, Ramesh...::):)...keep up good work mate..
  9. Admin

I just found out that some shops at Nehru place sell sticker with Punjabi alphabets which you can stick on the English keyboard and you also get a cd with the Punjabi software to install on your computer and thats all you have to do and you are good to go.

Just go to Nehru place and ask a few shops they will lead you to the ones which sells them :) shouldnt be very costly either.
  10. Preeti_20

Preeti_20 Active Member

yeh would be good if you can give the details Smooths!
  11. SmoothVibes

cool hai sending you all details in PM
  12. Preeti_20

Preeti_20 Active Member

Im not too keen on the sticker thing, i think the actual keyboard will be better!
  13. amitkool21

amitkool21 New Member

i think the actual keyboards wont exist the people who used to type the news or something like that have to practice 1st on the typewriters than the can freely use the standard keyboard with the punjabi fonts..........
  14. Admin

I found out from Nehru place that there are no punjabi pre built keyboards and the only thing available is stickers whcih can be used on an English keyboard.
    Its gonna be a tough job to learn to use a punjabi language keyboard with good speed.
    The stickers are available at Rs25 per set and the cd can be baught for Rs100 at Nehru place. Not all shops have them so you would need to look around.
  15. Khushwant

Khushwant New Member

You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more.

This is ridiculous

I would like to give you a link to a website where you can buy it from.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  16. SmoothVibes

Thanks for your support :)
  17. Khushwant

Khushwant New Member

sikhlink.net/store/ItemDetails.asp?ItemID=PUN-KBD-370

put www at beginning

copy and paste the link.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  18. Preeti_20

Preeti_20 Active Member

thanks for the info Khushwant, but this rule has been implemented so prevent people from spamming! (it think, as I have seen some time ago that people come on the forum to spam)
  19. cool_techie_tvm

cool_techie_tvm Amor vincit omnia

There are forums where your first 50 posts are scrutinized by admin/mods and then only made available in the thread. All these are done to control spam !! :)
  20. Khushwant

Khushwant New Member

Well apparently the rule failed hehe.. I manage to type it hehe. to stop spammers mods should adapt better ways. e.g get members to report post they think is a spam and ban that person. Thats what I do in UK. anyways. No offence.
    K