Planning On Purchasing A Kindle

I am planning on purchasing a new kindle, although it is easy for storage purposes but the one thing that I am thinking about is that is something goes wrong with the kindle, that means that you have lost all your purchases...does it not?
Also another question I have is that what is the difference in all the different types of kindles?

I am a avid book reader too, but I think personally reading an actual book is much better than a kindle. Yes it saves space, but if your someone who likes there own time with a good book then its the actual hard copy of the book you need.

I am planning on purchasing a new kindle, although it is easy for storage purposes but the one thing that I am thinking about is that is something goes wrong with the kindle, that means that you have lost all your purchases...does it not?
Also another question I have is that what is the difference in all the different types of kindles?
No, you won't lose all your books, they are stored in the cloud and can be re-downloaded to a new device.
But then you have to buy ALL the books that you wish to read, borrowing from someone is not allowed (electronically, of course !). You can not upload any of your downloaded books onto the machine, etc., these are some restrictions. The only benefit is you need not lug all those books when you are on a holiday, you can read from the kindle !
Regards