Petition To Give Better Upload Speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello internet friends!

currently bsnl and mtnl are giving 300 kbps upload speeds in 3g. Which is like 2g speed.

I have started a petition to ask MTNL and BSNL to increase upload speeds. WHile other private operators give 1.8-3 mbps uploads MTNL and BSNL have capped upload to measely 300 kbps. both on GSM and CDMA.

If you agree that these speeds are slow then please sign the petition:

Even after paying so much amount we get so slow upload speeds.

I would request you to please sign this petition and i will forward it to telecom minister and other officials so that they can change the cap.

Hope you will support this cause!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Your information is not correct. Neither Bsnl nor Mtnl caps thier 3G upload speed at 300kbps. I use Mtnl 3G and I get a lot better speed then what you are claiming to be a cap. If you are yourself getting low upload speeds then there could be a number of reasons for that but this probabbly isint the thread to discuss that. I have removed your links as they made no sense.

Hello Admin,

Thank you for prompt response.

First of all, i would like to congratulate you for running a very useful forum and also being so active in the discussion.

Also, you are correct about your information about 3G.

But..
I have been using MTNL in roaming (that is in BSNL network). SO the problem lies with BSNL. Thank you for pointing that out and i will edit the petition for only BSNL and not MTNL.

I have done my homework before starting the petition and tested this on various places like Rajasthan. I have tried it on only BSNL sim too!

Did you check the video on the petition page?? I have checked BSNL network and in most places it does cap its upload speeds.

Can I please repost the links? The private 3g is very expensive. I prefer govt BSNL but they just cap the upload limits.

If you don't believe me you can check out many youtube videos where download speeds are upto 3 mbps but uploads are at measely 300 kbps

Best regards and thank you for your co-operation!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I dont mind people posting links but your information is misleading as I know this for a fact from my own experience. I use Mtnl 3G, infact I have two connections which are both prepaid one if Rs1650 per month for 200GB per month and the other Rs4500 for 6 months again 200GB data and I have used both these in Uttar pradesh, Rajasthan, Punjab and Haryana and I do not agree with your 300kbps cap claim as I get a lot better upload speed so there is bound to be something wrong with your modem or the server you are trying to upload to.

Like i said, you may be correct about Delhi, because i have not personally tested it. But here again, see this:

proof 1:

Hope you will co-operate. I can understand that you experience may be different. May be it is a BSNL policy/ technical glitch which they have ignored? A little help would go a long way.

PS: I use the 1650 mtnl plan too. Its a nice find :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
It is your individual issue not with the company. I see you are from Ajmer and I have been to Ajmer with this Mtnl 3G connection and I got good upload speeds even over there. It didint work at Prithviraj's fort but in the city it worked like a charm. I know because I upload pictures as and when I click them to keep them safe.

Like i said, you may be correct about Delhi, because i have not personally tested it. But here again, see this:

proof 1:

ON this page you will see different screen shots

It is clear that in MTNL mumbai speeds are better. But BSNL all over the country is pathetic in upload speeds...

I am aware of the fact that in wireless technologies network and other issues come into play. But how come when download speeds are going above 2 mbps and uploads are measely .08?

Hope you will co-operate. I can understand that you experience may be different. May be it is a BSNL policy/ technical glitch which they have ignored? A little help would go a long way.

PS: I use the 1650 mtnl plan too. Its a nice find :)

PS: it is not an individual issue, as you can see from some of the proofs links i posted here.

PS i do not stay at Prithviraj smarak :) but in the center of the city. And have tried at various locations.

Also, would nt it be better if we take this petition forward and get an official answer from BSNL?

Won't push this any further. I hope you will understand..

Last edited by a moderator:

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I wont allow your links here. What you are saying has no truth in it. I would have agreed if I did not have first hand experience. I even called some one out of Delhi to do a quick speed test on their 3G connection and what you are saying does not hold true.

:rolleyes:

You do not believe in all the links i posted? You think they are all fake?

Anyways, i tried. Won't push it any further. Will try posting it to other forums which have a more democratic approach for content filteration!

This wasnt any abusive post. Just a problem which many users like me would be facing which you or your friend does not face.

But this does not mean that problem does not exist.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Priyank I have used Bsnl 3G myself and I dont need to look at any links. I know for a fact that your information is not correct.

LOL..

So you make a judgement without even looking at the proofs.

Anyways, its your forum. Its your call if you want to moderate it on your personal opinions. Not on social proofs and people's opinions. Which is what a forum/community is all about.

What's so wrong with this petition? People who are facing similar problem would sign it. Those who don't will not.

But your approach here seem to to be more like running a personal blog rather than a forum here.

Best of luck!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
LOL..

So you make a judgement without even looking at the proofs.

Anyways, its your forum. Its your call if you want to moderate it on your personal opinions. Not on social proofs and people's opinions. Which is what a forum/community is all about.

What's so wrong with this petition? People who are facing similar problem would sign it. Those who don't will not.

But your approach here seem to to be more like running a personal blog rather than a forum here.

Best of luck!
I looked at the proof and what you are saying is not true. This community cannot be used to mislead people. You might just be an agent of a private company just trying to give a bad name to Bsnl who knows.
I tested Bsnl 3G connection and it has way more speed then what you claim.

Priyank what you are saying is total bullshit. I just did a speed test and I am getting an upload speed of 800kbps on Bsnl 3G. I dont know about Mtnl but Admin uses it so he knows better.

You are probably here just to spam and post a link to your own site. Admin should chuck you out instead of listening to your crap.

Transformer,

You do have a very loose tongue.
You call something bull**** without even knowing what link he was referring to.

Where are you located? NCR?

I was not linking to my own website. It was a link to Change.org, And if you notice my profile on that very same site then i have created many other petitions not related to internet etc.

I did not claim that you re getting slow/fast upload speeds. I was talking about my experience and many others who might be facing this issue.

So have some decency while you talk. You have your experiences. I have mine and I had attached many links but admin removed all that.

I just said that i am not getting such speeds and others who are not getting (esp from google search i was not able to find any BSNL 3G speedtests reports which claim a better upload speed)

I said that i am not getting such speeds and many others who i have seen around on the internet.
I will even call the BSNL support and get an official statement which would say that upload speeds are indeed around 30KBps

Admin:
If i was a private company agent, why would i ask BSNL to increase the speeds.

If you want i will post screenshots of all the months of MTNL/BSNL recharges I have done. I am not here to spam, if that was my target i would not login using my personal facebook account.

I also notice that you have removed all the proof links i had posted before. That was completely unnecessary.

You re indeed running this forum like your personal blog. Where you only want people to speak what you think is right.

I am outta here.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Not a single word that you wrote was edited or removed. I do have a right to decide if I want to allow certain links people post or not allow them and on this occasion I decided not to allow them. I do not understand your frustration towards me. "You are outta here"? Thats your choice as I never pulled you here.. You just registered and made your first post with those links and thats the only thing you were here for. If I had allowed those links you would have come back again to post more links and make this forum a link posting hub.I cannot allow that and I am not sorry about it either.

If you believe this forum is run like a private property then please dont be mistaken as it is indeed private property and it will be run like one, today and in future as well.

I am closing this thread as this thread is serving no purpose and if you have a problem then post in the complaints and suggestions section.

Status
Not open for further replies.