New Connection Not Working

I got a bew broadband connection. UP east circle.

I'm using iball baton wifi modem. The adsl light becomes stable. Wlan light also on but internet light isn't glowing.
I configured the modem over wifi using my Mobile as don't own a pc.
I did everything but internet not coming. Their customer care not picking.
Is pc or laptp really necessary or their might be some other glitch

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
To answer your question about requiring a PC or laptop for bsnl broadband connection : No you do not need to have one in order to use bsnl broadband.

Like you said you only use a mobile phone, You would need to configure your modem in DHCP mode so that it would connect automatically and there would be no need to set up a dialer from a computer. Please let me know if you are having trouble setting up your modem in DHCP.

If you already have DHCP set up then go down to your local BSNL office a write a complaint there about your connection not being in order.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Here is how you would configure a regular modem :

DHCPconfiguration.jpg

After configuring when you restart your modem you should be connected automatically.

Thanks for the guidance. did exactly as written.
But still the adsl light blinks for few seconds n then becomes stable. but the internet light doesn't glow at all except while switching on the modem.
When i checkthe system login the modem it says dns server as down (i put the open DNS ones)
Is it possible that thr broadband service hasn't been started yet on my number? How will i know if its started? Their cc don't pick phone :(

Last edited:

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
It is possible that your broadband connection has not been activated yet. Your best bet is to go down to the local bsnl office and ask them.

The guy who came to your place only takes care of installations at customer end and have nothing to do with what happens at the exchange so I wont give too much attention to what he says.

The guy who came to your place only takes care of installations at customer end and have nothing to do with what happens at the exchange so I wont give too much attention to what he says.
Currently I'm in a small tehseel of a small district. They are of no use n are almost ignorant of plans n setting up.