Multi-level Internet Usage

I would like to know which wireless router would be able to give better coverage with MTNL 1Mbps broadband connection for multilevel usage. My workstation is on Second floor and it is connected with a ADSL modem, but now i want to access internet on First floor too with mobility, so that i can browse, surf or download videos through my ultrabook in any room.

I have shortlisted 2 models:

Belkin N300 ADSL2 Wireless Router with Modem

TP-LINK TD-W8968 300 Mbps Wireless N USB ADSL2 Modem Router Version 2.0

Now i would like to know which one should i go for ? Or any other suggestions are welcome too :)

Thanks,
Rebolt

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
What is the area of one floor? If it is more then 100sq yards then you wont get good coverage on the first floor. Almost all routers have more or less the same signal strength. There are some high end routers that can use a detachable ariel but even those have to be under legally permissable limits.

What is the area of one floor? If it is more then 100sq yards then you wont get good coverage on the first floor. Almost all routers have more or less the same signal strength. There are some high end routers that can use a detachable ariel but even those have to be under legally permissable limits.
It is 70 sq yards (each floor).

just4kix

Guardian Angel
Staff member
More or less, everything is manufactured out of China these days. The hardware inside is also sometimes same. The difference is only in the packaging and software. While I am not saying that the above two models are exactly identical inside, but they may not be much different. Belkin is a more established brand - if that is of any concern.

More or less, everything is manufactured out of China these days. The hardware inside is also sometimes same. The difference is only in the packaging and software. While I am not saying that the above two models are exactly identical inside, but they may not be much different. Belkin is a more established brand - if that is of any concern.
My only concern is service if any problem arises and features comparison. If any of you have any hands on experience of these products, kindly share your views.

just4kix

Guardian Angel
Staff member
You must keep in mind that these devices are imported and sold by retailers. What kind of service are you really expecting? Reputed retailers will replace device if found faulty while in warranty. Many would say - इम्पोर्टेड मटेरियल है साहब, कोई गारंटी नहीं.