Mts 3g Plus

Preeti_20

MTS has rolled out their 3G plus services which will be based on the EVDO (Evolution Data Optimised) technology.
MTS will be the first telecom company to be providing 3G plus services in India and in total will be covering nine circles, which include Delhi, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Kolkata and West Bengal.

Choices of different plans vary from 5Gb data to 20Gb data which will have a validity of 30 days.

MTS is one service provider who was behind with the 3G technology and with the 3G plus technology it will be in league with other telecom companies.

Along with the 3G plus services MTS has also introduced the MBlaze Ultra dongle which will provide internet speeds of up to 9.8 Mbps and will operate on a 800 MHz spectrum. The dongle will be priced at Rs1299 which is the same for both postpaid and prepaid customers.

Other latest news from MTS is that by the end of this year (2013) MTS will also be launching their own smartphones.

People are already fed up of MTS and i dont think anyone would be interesting in what they will be doing in the future or what they are doing now.
is there a difference between 3g and 3g plus?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
MTS previously only supported 3.1mbps but now 3G plus as they call it would be 9.8Mbps so it is a more then 3 times jump in max speed. Mts works on EVDO technology and it does have an edge over 3G as EVDO is better able to penetrate thick walls and also has a larger coverage area as compared to GSM 3G. Pakistan has already got this technology that MTS has just deployed and prices there are a lot cheaper then in India. Even wired broadband is a lot cheaper in Pakistan. Check out this company Nayatel's broadband plans. Those prices are in Pakistani Rupees by the way, notice the plan that is listed right at the bottom called 25GB mega which costs Rs2999 per month and it would be Rs1730 Indian rupees per month. This plan gives you 7mbps speed unlimited usage between 7pm and 9am every day and all day on Sundays. Do we have anything remotely similar in India?

MTS 3G plus is basically EVDO Rev.B service with 3 carriers. The speed offered is 9.8 mbps which is similar to the speeds offered by Airtel 4G (10 mbps). Some 3G operators offer higher speeds but only in limited number of towers. The plans offered by MTS 3G plus is practically the same as their existing EVDO Rev.A plans.

As this is based on CDMA technology, the speed stability indoors is expected to be better than both GSM 3G and Airtel 4G.

I got MBlaze Ultra (ZTE AC2792) on the very first day. It's horrible. Giving mere 80 KBPS on average, which is 640 kbps, a shameful low from the lofty 9.8 mbps. Gives a spike of 160 KBPS for a few seconds. Then back to 80 KBPS. Wrote to customer service. Nothing happened except to ask me to send me some statistics. Even if 9.8 mbps is available, MTS's network perhapas yet not upgraded except in metros. I am regretting my decision.

MTS 3G plus is basically EVDO Rev.B service with 3 carriers. The speed offered is 9.8 mbps which is similar to the speeds offered by Airtel 4G (10 mbps). Some 3G operators offer higher speeds but only in limited number of towers. The plans offered by MTS 3G plus is practically the same as their existing EVDO Rev.A plans.

As this is based on CDMA technology, the speed stability indoors is expected to be better than both GSM 3G and Airtel 4G.
I took a demo of the Mblaze ultra(ZTE AC2792) and wifi-modem. the speed was very low at my premise which is Muvattupuzha,Cochin. like 0.5mbps to 1.5mbps in the evenings. but, after he fixed a usb extension cord, the speed jumped to 3.3mbps to 4mbps speed. I am skeptical about taking this connection. I am using Idea 3g with a huawei e303 modem and they indeed provide very good speeds(3-6mbps) but, sucks with their tariff! 4$ for 1GB!
BSNL broadband connections in kerala are all disconnecting due to some conspiracy am sure! and we have to depend on these lootmar ISP's. I wonder why heavy weight cable ISP's are not yet reaching Kerala .

I didn't know the difference between mifi modem and wifi modem. I was sold mifi. Nevertheless, in my place where every other mobile data provider sucks, it was a pleasant surprise to see an average of 1mbps speed with just mifi. Now, I'm inclined to go for wifi. :)

MTS speed is not more than 1.5 MBPS( 9.8 MBPS advertisements are fake). Use TATA PHOTON MAX, declared speed is 6.2 MBPS, u will get 2.5 to 4.5 MBPS speed consistently.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I have been using MTS for the last few months and I get decent speed on torrents. This is the test I just did :

I get a lot better speed then this while using torrents and the price is reasonable as compared to other providers.