modem takes long time to connect[B][/B]

Discussion in 'BSNL broadband' started by avinashvenki, Sep 8, 2010.

1. avinashvenki

avinashvenki New Member

hi, i'm using windows 7 32-bit as OS in my compaq sg3540il pc.......my problem is when i switch on the modem, the internet doesnt connect as soon as i get the link in my modem......

all the lights will be on in modem ,everythin is correct,ip address and all........
    when i open properties,only sent will be counting,but no recieving........But i'll get connection approx after 15-20 min..

I'm very much irritated by this problem..Every time it happens like this and i need switch it on before 20 min when i want to use it........

My modem type is wa3002g4...can anyone pls help me to come out of this problem, i'll be very thankfull to you...!!
  2. mvb4u

mvb4u Member

How old is your modem?
    When this problem actually started?
    Seems to be power supply is dying.
  3. avinashvenki

avinashvenki New Member

hmmm its 3yrs old....but when i connect with my laptop thru wifi it connects as soon as the modem gets on...!!
  4. mvb4u

mvb4u Member

Power supply issues are hard to detect one simple thing is to borrow a like power supply from a friend, neighbor or a relative and try with your unit.

Caution:- VOLTAGE AND AMPERAGE RATINGS SHOULD BE SIMILAR.

If you are a little technically inclined, Your power supply is a 12V dc one as far as I remember, you can connect it from your bike/car battery with the help of dc power jack and little length of a wire and use correct polarity and check the stability of the link and time taken to get IP address.

Is your BRAS(Broadband Remote Access Server) busy.Then your modem may be retrying to get IP address. But, this has got little chance to happen. As you are saying that you can connect through laptop.

As far as my analysis goes your problem is related faulty power adapter.

My old UT300R2U power adapter leaks AC through the dc jack and when I accidentally touch its lan port's outer metal ring it gave me an electric shock when I connect the modem to pc through lan cable this electricity would be grounded through the pc cases earth.
  5. avinashvenki

avinashvenki New Member

oh ok.......thank u mr.Mvb4u.. i will try this and then inform u...

and also is there any chance of the wire getting old, the one which we connect from modem to pc???
  6. mvb4u

mvb4u Member

The wire you said is called ether net patch cable. There is very little chance of that getting bad. By the way in which mode do you connect to internet?- i.e. PPPoE (USER ID AND PASSWORD in the router and you get net when you turn on the router) or Bridge mode(You have dialer in your computer and needs to dial every time you want to connect to internet).
  7. avinashvenki

avinashvenki New Member

its PPPOE only.....should i change anything in that???
  8. mvb4u

mvb4u Member

No, No need to change that.

From security point of view also it is recommended that PPPoE is the best method of safeguarding you computers behind the router.
  9. avinashvenki

avinashvenki New Member

oh k.....by the way where does guntur comes?
  10. mvb4u

mvb4u Member

On NH-5 CHENNAI to KOLKATTA high way.
  11. avinashvenki

avinashvenki New Member

Ok...Will u be online all the time??
  12. mvb4u

mvb4u Member

No. When I find time I will be online.
  13. avinashvenki

avinashvenki New Member

oh ok....then shall i mail you or reply in this post only??
  14. mvb4u

mvb4u Member

If you post here, many other members also can reply to your queries and also if your problem is solved then it will be helpful to the other visitors of the site with the same problem.
  15. avinashvenki

avinashvenki New Member

Ya thats right,good thinking......ok i'll catch u later,bye:)
  16. mvb4u

mvb4u Member

ok Bye for now.