Modem issue

Discussion in 'BSNL broadband' started by saketjune, Jan 5, 2013.

1. saketjune

saketjune New Member

Hi. Yesterday I formatted my laptop hcl me. I have installed all drivers but now it does not read my wifi modem. Pls help.
  2. saketjune

saketjune New Member

Pls help someone....
  3. saketjune

saketjune New Member

So many views but no one to help :(
  4. panchabhut

panchabhut Active Member

How do you expect any help when you have not given any details regarding model number etc.
  5. nevinjohn

nevinjohn Active Member

Go to device manager, and see if there is any hardware which is highlighted in yellow exclamation or question mark. Id anything is found, click on update driver, and point the location to the driver CD. This should solve the issue. If no yellow sign is found, check for WiFi card properties. See whether "This device is working properly" message is there, if yes then try using the laptop with someother network.

P.S
    Did you switch on the WiFi??
  6. saketjune

saketjune New Member

Every thing is fine nd working properly... But still the problem persists... :(
  7. nevinjohn

nevinjohn Active Member

Did you check with another network??? Can you see the network listed atleast? Post the screenshot
  8. saketjune

saketjune New Member

No. It isnt identifying any wifi network. Its just showing availibility of broadband pppoe connection. Used aircel plug in nd it worked fine... Its just not showing any wifi connections....
  9. nevinjohn

nevinjohn Active Member

Okay... So it doesnt show any WiFi signals. Are you sure than the WiFi is turned ON? In most cases, after formatting, you need to press a "Function" key on the key pads to turn it on, like bluetooth. Did you try that, and when its done, even if there is no WiFi, an intimation would come indicating that the WiFi/Bluetooth has been turned ON/OFF.

Is the WiFi card listed in device manager?
  10. saketjune

saketjune New Member

Wifi is turned on. And wifi card is not seen in the device manager...
  11. nevinjohn

nevinjohn Active Member

This means either the hardware is removed, or the drivers are not installed. Ref the screen shot.
    Under Network, you should be able to see all the network cards, both wired and wireless.
    In your case, if the card is still there, it should be shown with an exclamation/question mark in yellow. If its listed, update the driver.
    If its not listed, either the card is removed or there's a hardware failure (to the card). Get a new card.

Can you see the wired card listed there? Device manager.JPG
  12. saketjune

saketjune New Member

Under Network Adapters only this is seen ''Jmicron pci express fast ethernet adapter'' and its property says that its working properly...
  13. ankit12690

ankit12690 New Member

plese tell in detail
  14. nevinjohn

nevinjohn Active Member

Ethernet adapter is for the wired LAN. If no card is shown for WiFi, that means the card is probably damaged/missing..
    If you know how to locate the card, try cleaning the terminals and refix it and hope that this works.
  15. saketjune

saketjune New Member

Okays. Thanks. :)