I am going to be working in India starting October so I am here to gather some information about internet connectivity in India. I would be initially working in Bangalore and then at Mumbai with occasional visits to Chennai and NewDelhi.
Here are a few queries I have if some one would be kind enough to provide me this information:
- Is there any mobile broadband service that works seamlessly at all the places I am going to be working at?
- If the there is indeed a service that would cover all these places then would that carry some sort of roaming charge for data even though it is all withing the same country?
- How much should I be expecting to pay for using about 30-40GB per month?
- What is the speed for a 3G connection in India and the upload speeds as I will be uploading files where ever I go.
- How much time does it take to get a new connection
- Are there any restrictions for forigners to buy a sim card just off the counter?
- Are pay as you use/pay as you go tariffs available where I make the payment upfront as opposed to paying a monthly bill?
- What frequency is used for 3G? Would a 3G modem from Europe work in India or do I need to buy one from India?
- How do I remove the avatar which came up automatically while registering as I never uploaded it. Probably pulled it from facebook or gravatar I am not sure but I never conscented for my picture to be used here. Please let me know if I should be starting a new thread for this one.