Lifestyle in BPO's (Advantages, Disadvantages & Future BPO Trends)

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle' started by SmoothVibes, Jan 27, 2009.

1. SmoothVibes

SmoothVibes Super Moderator Staff Member

Got this in mail
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  2. Dragon

Dragon Guest

Nice thread smoothie, vastly explained and to the point, great:)

But i think we are the only two here who come under this sector.

Please shout if we got a company:)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2009
  3. SmoothVibes

no i think there are so many other people from BPO and KPO's but they are not very regular :)

thanks for the compliment and repo please :p
  4. Rameshjeee

Rameshjeee Good to be Back

Repo for you....Nice article...But currently the BPO is not the booming industry...
  5. SmoothVibes

yaa these day's its not booming but trust me will boom very soon. Do you remember year 2002 and 2003 this industry was on the top great hiring and all
  6. Rameshjeee

Rameshjeee Good to be Back

Yup,it was in its peak @ once...i heard that the indian BPO lost more than 1 lac jobs during this recession..is it true..
  7. SmoothVibes

yes it is true and there are so many clients who are taking off the business from India due to that satyam and worldbank thing but we really need not to worry coz all these clients are small callcenter types not big BPO's. The clients who are badly affected by this recession are going out otherwise everything is fine and will be able to recover by the end of this financial year :)
  8. Dragon

Dragon Guest

Ramesh, the concept is simple, BPO industry is totally depended on to UK/US markets, if they will suffer we will suffer, looking @ the current market situation, i don't see a chance of boom in million, but yes, as smoothie said, history will repeat itself.:)
  9. SmoothVibes

yes manish i know we are going through a bad time right now but trust me we will come in race once and and as you said history will repeat itself :)

as per i know other industries are also affected by this market depression so why people always talk about BPO's only :confused1:
  10. just4kix

just4kix Guardian Angel Staff Member

Does anyone see long term career prospects in a BPO job? That is the greatest disadvantage. Otherwise, sleepless nights, loss of quality family life, health issues, etc. are part and parcel of many other jobs as well including mainstream IT.
  11. Dragon

Dragon Guest

BPO is a very vast term, The term "age factor" is only applicable in call centres. I don't why they don't allow senior people to be a part of it.

There are jobs as per your requirement within BPO. (excluding Calling Processes).

I related to BPO industries for more that two and half years. Trust me, I haven't spend even a single night in office. yes, i agree I m doing a 2 to 10 pm job, but i think thats okay.

If you leave calling, (I m not talking about Calling processes bcoz i dont know how those work, what culture they got) the normal hierarchy is as follows:

- Executive
    - Senior Executive
    - Asst. Manager
    - Sr. Manager.
    - AVP
    - VP

so the guys who is sitting at Sr. manager level or above must be carring some good profile and experience and normally he is over 40+. So there is nothing like no career thing in BPOs

@smoothie, you know Gopal krishanan?
  12. SmoothVibes

I understand what you said just4kix but this thing happens only if you are on the lowest level in hierarchy but in upper levels you will not feel all these things and there are so many BPO's which deal in UK processes so going to work at 11am and coming back at 9-10pm is not a big issue i think and it will not give you any serious problem.

Ok if we think as an basic agent then its different but if we check it according to managerial level then we can find a better picture.

this industry can give you so much advantages over other govt jobs and similar jobs. like you can get about 10-18 hike every year, lot many incentives over salary, team outing, parties like say everything is there know.

say agree or disagree :p
  13. rupu1983

rupu1983 Guest

May be kix,vibes both your point is valid but i think it all depend how we want celebrate our life or how we will be happy.My one relative could not continue the job of BPO and few days ago he got Govt. service(obviously salary is low) at least he is happy and I also think like kix this job will take the best part of the life at the some point of time it will be very hard to continue this type of job,so I think good govt service is always better option because I feel life is not only for the money if i enjoy few moment with my family it's also very valuable for me.
  14. SmoothVibes

you can enjoy your family life during weekend know, you always get 2 weekly offs to stay at home and spend some quality time with your family n friends. I think we really get good relations and friends in BPO's and the mind and thinking power of BPO employees is better then other sectors. Ok i just think like that i am not saying that it is 100% true or something but i just feel like that coz i know lot many guys who think that going out at nite is like a sin or if a girl is smoking or drinking then she is like that only so basic point which i am saying is like they just don't think anything out of the box.

I am sorry if i said anything wrong but thats what i think.
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  15. aashaka_gandhi

aashaka_gandhi De WatEvaa SweetHeart

i agree very good article....!!!! pros n cons of BPO.....

uhmmm well BPO industry has got easy money as compared to the hard work.... plus there has been lot of employement over the past years which is very good ....! yes we suffer indirectly if the markets in US/UK does...but not as bad as them....

i used to b working in a BPO some time back when i was in UK....apparently everyone things that a BPO means a call center.... n they feel tht working there aint gonna do much from career prospects....agreed to some extent provided u r way too qualified or are form a different field....!

Age factor is a big thing......after a certain point a person wudnt want to work in these BPO's......Money is not the only important thing.......

Yes BPO's r a boon for our country where in not a lot of ppl get into good B-Schools in india or abroad....! only some of the lot gets oppurtunity for it.....

for an avg. middle class person...if he / she finishes his graduation n gets into a govt. job , or pvt co's ....compared to it....definately BPO's give in good salary.....which is a major thing....

this is my point of view!
  16. Dragon

Dragon Guest

as aaka said money doesn't matter throughout your life.

I happy that your friend got a Govt. job. I too may quit bpo if i get such an oppurtunity, salary doesn't matter. but to be honest, currently, I m too happy with what I m doing, rest is future,so can't predict:)
  17. powerdoc

powerdoc New Member

Its easier for guys...don't know too many females in this industry personally.
    The burden of motherhood will surely take its toll sooner or later.
  18. Dragon

Dragon Guest

I contradict here, i think this is the only sector where i have seen equal no. of female member working. I hope i m getting you right.
  19. SmoothVibes

same same.. this is the only industry where you can find number of girls.
  20. powerdoc

powerdoc New Member

I meant I don't personally know any girls/relatives who work in BPO :)
    Two of my male cousins work there..and other family members are always complaining about their schedule.