Is DND service paid or not ?

Discussion in 'Idea Mobile' started by capri, May 21, 2009.

1. capri

capri New Member

I want to block the irritating ad calls from idea :mad:, I want to activate DND service to block them

Is this service paid or is it free?
  2. just4kix

just4kix Guardian Angel Staff Member

It is a free service. Actually it is not a service at all - it is getting rid of some free (and pesky) service. :D
  3. mickey

mickey New Member

they call it a registry. But indeed you will recieve just a little less of spams out of earlier ones. I have sent dnd message atleast a hundred times on the Bsnl. Thus it means that actually there is not a single server or service centre which is registering the numbers. Because i got different application numbers for my same number. Same i did to idea phone. When i got a spam service message one day(it was download hot ftv girls) i called the care. And i just told them that if i get another such message i will really get rid of it:) i don get any messages now. But my Mother does get:)
  4. just4kix

just4kix Guardian Angel Staff Member

Nice work, mail2sc.
  5. Preeti_20

Preeti_20 Active Member

The service for DND is free, but it takes time for the ads to stop, around 45 days! But even after the calls and sms's still keep coming!

You actually need to call their customer service number up and ask them to activate the DND service.

Apparently when someone calls you, they don't hear a normal ring tone its the idea ad, and according to Idea its a part of their contract but i don't know how true this is?????
  6. DND service is most effective
    After activation i never received unwanted calles and SMS on my Vodafone and Indicom numbers

SMS code
    START<space> DND

to number 1909
  7. ashish_net

ashish_net New Member

of coerce itz a very free service..But after requesting DND it may take 2 months to start DND service depending upon network area. In my case it took almost complete 2 months
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  8. neerajvohra

neerajvohra New Member

The best experience I had today, registered a number that called me to purchase new postpaid Airtel connection 2-3 weeks back. I registered that number with Idea DND, and today rec'd call from customer care that the number has been blocked by the service provider (I guess it was Airtel).

I tried calling that number just to test, as it was like not in service or wrong number :D:D