Internet not working through Ethernet port on ZTE ZXDSL 831 AII

Discussion in 'BSNL broadband' started by yashoshah, Sep 2, 2011.

1. yashoshah

yashoshah New Member

I am facing a Strange problem.

My LAN port is OK on motherboard, all its drivers are fine.

The Network is not getting detected (Network cable unplugged message) from ethernet port. Though the modem works fine from USB port and network is running, and i am able to connect to Internet (bridge mode).

I don't think the cable is faulty, it was working fine up to now and suddenly it can't go wrong (break etc).

Is there any possibility that the Ethernet port of Modem may have developed some fault??:confused:
  2. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

3. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

The Network is not getting detected (Network cable unplugged message) from ethernet port. Though the modem works fine from USB port and network is running, and i am able to connect to Internet (bridge mode).

Which mode are you in ? PPPoE ? Are you able to connect using ethernet cable in bridge mode ?

If modem works fine through USB cable, there is nothing wrong in modem settings.

I don't think the cable is faulty, it was working fine up to now and suddenly it can't go wrong (break etc).

May be some problem with the jack or some internal short not visible outside. If you can get a spare cable (say from a friend) you can use it and confirm.

Is there any possibility that the Ethernet port of Modem may have developed some fault??

Possible. Take the modem to a friend's place and check.

There can be three possible reasons

1. LAN card is faulty ( Check using a friend's modem).

2. Ethernet cable is faulty.

3. LAN port is faulty.
  4. yashoshah

yashoshah New Member

Rebooting the modem automatically solved the problem.

Network getting detected and able to connect thru ethernet now.

It seems the modem has its own logic.

Strange:eek:
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  5. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

Nice. :) ...................