Internet not connecting after securing wifi and rebooting modem

Discussion in 'BSNL broadband' started by Gazal, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Gazal

Gazal New Member

Hi Guys,

I use bsnl broadband with UTStarcom WA3002G4 modem.

Currently, I am using the wifi network in open mode and access internet through my laptop. It works perfect, no problems. But I have been trying to make my wifi connection secure with wpa-psk authentication and I could successfully configure the settings in modem and laptop too.. moreover the connection seemed successful immediate after finishing the configuration. I could access internet both in my laptop and in my phone.

Now, let me tell you guys the problem, once I reboot my modem after the configuration neither my laptop nor my phone is detecting the wifi from the modem. All the lights in the modem are fine and lit. Then why my laptop and mobile is not detecting the wifi? that's my question !

I haven't hide the access point in the modem. I also tried to make a connection with entering SSID in to my phone and search for the wifi but it is not detecting.

Guys please help !! let me know if you need more information, I am a sort of layman user so kindly explain in detail when you reply.

Thanks in advance.
  2. ramitzar

ramitzar New Member

In the Wireless section in your modem, check whether the MAC filter or MAC authentication is disabled.If not disable it.
  3. Gazal

Gazal New Member

MAC filter is already disabled mate..
  4. Gazal

Gazal New Member

No more suggestions guys..??
  5. utkarsh jain

utkarsh jain New Member

same problem but jab maine ip address laptop mai dala toh lp par toh chal gaya but mobile mai nahi chal raha.. if your problem is solved tell me did you do it..