I want to buy a LAN card.

Discussion in 'Computer Accessories' started by paul.1911, Jul 8, 2010.

1. paul.1911

paul.1911 New Member

Hi
    I want to buy a simple LAN card. So which lan card should I buy?
    How could be Realtek or Gigabyte? or any other?
    I am using broadband of 2mbps.

Thanks
  2. paul.1911

paul.1911 New Member

// *** Moderator note ***

Duplicate threads merged. Please do not create multiple threads unnecessarily.

Thanks.

- just4kix
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2010
  3. shaikhr58

shaikhr58 Banned

Dear Paul i think Realtek is the best LAN card because Realtek's LAN card driver is very common and you can get it from everywhere.so i suggest you buy Realtek instead of Gigabyte one more thing it has very good service for internet it's my personal exeprience and also Realtek come onboard with Intel,Asus and many more Motherboards.experts also suggest for it then i think you should go for Realtek.
  4. Vignesh

Vignesh New Member

As said above Realtek does produce good LAN cards, but personally I would prefer D-link over Realtek.
    Asus also produces good cards.
    The D-link card(DFE-520TX) cost around Rs. 300. You can get 2 realtek cards for the same price:D but then D-link is the most reliable and have absolutely no compatibility issue, so they charge a premium for it.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  5. just4kix

just4kix Guardian Angel Staff Member

Any of the above two are good. You will have two options - 100 mbps LAN card or 1 gbps LAN card. Either will do for broadband - if budget permits, go for the 1 gbps card.

Now even USB to LAN adapters are available (for Rs. 250) ...

[​IMG]

p/s. *** No need to spend lots of money on the card but don't be too stingy either. You should get a very good LAN card for less than Rs. 500. ***
  6. paul.1911

paul.1911 New Member

Thanks to all....................