HUAWEI 3G data card for BSNL 3G

Discussion in 'Bsnl 3g' started by milkboy, Jan 10, 2011.

1. milkboy

milkboy New Member

HUAWEI 3G data card

what is this i m confusing i heard we can use internet 3g in ur cell

and i also know we can connect 3g from cell to laptop

using cable and bluetooth

what is this HUAWEI 3G data card for

whats special in device

it is also like cell phone ??????

shall we insert sim in this 3g data card ???????????????????

whats this?

any one to say?????????????????????
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  2. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

Yes, you can insert a SIM and use it as your modem. It is easier to connect as they are plug and play.

[​IMG]

If you are comfortable with using phone as modem, then there is no need to purchase a data card.
  3. ATHUL4R

ATHUL4R New Member

Its a 3g device.
    it looks like a usb pen drive.
    Insert you 3g sim(also spports GPRS AND EDGE) into it and connect it to pc via usb slot.
    You can use 3g on your pc or laptop.
  4. milkboy

milkboy New Member

best data card :) to buy

can i use data card where ever i go using my sim :) and what about speeds

say me best data card :)
  5. sumanth

sumanth New Member

Huawei UMG1831 is a best buy at the moment. Speeds will depend upon signal stregth and number of users in that area.
  6. milkboy

milkboy New Member

by conenctign with mobile gives u more speed or havwei modem ?>???????
  7. sumanth

sumanth New Member

Not sure about that. And plus you mobile phone's battery could drain out in no time. So use the Data Card.
  8. onenessboy

onenessboy New Member

Hi,

Just try out for a Hauwei e182e if available in your area...

Prasanth
  9. nikhil_spunky

nikhil_spunky New Member

using a mobile phone as a modem will not give u a speed as much as that of a data cable. also its handy to use data cards. and yes ull have to insert a sim card in the huawei modem if its unlocked else it will come with a sim pre-installed.
  10. Shivsena

Shivsena New Member

buy umg 1831......it is best
  11. vikrampaulchennai

vikrampaulchennai New Member

Huawei UMG 1831

Yes, Huawei UMG 1831 is a good suggestion for BSNL 3G,Howere the cost is a bit high,It's Rs. 2999/- from 3g store india.There[/url] is hardly any benifit of this card as BSNL is only providing speeds of 7.2Mbps.
  12. Warrior

Warrior Member

you can use your modem as phone too but firstly you need to know the following details.

1) what is the phone model ( does it support 3.6 mbps or 10.2mbps)
    many phone in market provide basic 384kbps and 3.6mbps...except some devices like e72 which i use provide 10.2mbps

2) bsnl provides 7.2 mbps speed in many circles if your phone support 3.6 mbps , you are getting lower speed. many operators are planning to provide speeds upto 21 mbps. ( check gsmarena.com for your phone hspda speed)

3) you phone battery drains quicly, and the life time of ur phone decreases tooo

4) u can buy a data card of 21 mbps huawei umg1831 from ebay sellers for just rs 2800

5) huawei umg1831 supports only high speed internet, text message not voice call nor videocall nor balance check.