How to remove MY WEB SEARCH from firefox

Discussion in 'Windows' started by rana ranjit, Jan 21, 2013.

1. rana ranjit

rana ranjit Member

how to remove MY WEB SEARCH engine from firefox in window 7. when i open firefox this search appears in place of google i want to open firefox with google
  2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Go to addons and disable and remove the myweb search addon. You must have accepted to download it with some other product without realizing that it would take over your default search preferences.
  3. just4kix

just4kix Guardian Angel Staff Member

"My Web Search" is a malware that is very difficult to remove. I had got it on my home desktop (used mostly by my son). It was very sticky. The only way I could remove it was by going to an earlier system restore point. Perhaps I was not patient enough to try other methods. My son reported it as soon as it latched on. So system restore seemed to be a very easy option.

If possible try this option (system restore).
  4. therkb

therkb Member

Uninstall the My Web Search toolbar from the system. Search registry for any remaining entries. Go to options and in the General tab change the homepage address. You might also want to change the search option by clicking on it and selecting google.
  5. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

This tool bar is some times bundled with other useful software that we download and the option to install this tool bar is ticked by default so we have to un check it if its there already. Always check all the default options while downloading or installing any software. This toolbar business is "extremely profitable" and the amount of money these people are ready to pay per install is insane. I receive offers from time to time to get our members to install a tool bar (not my web search) and get paid $$ for every install regardless of them keeping it there after or not. Its a very iffy business and a very annoying one for internet users.
  6. SmoothVibes

SmoothVibes Super Moderator Staff Member

All what you need to do is to download Revo Uninstaller and uninstall it, once uninstalled run a scan using Malwarebytes to ensure your PC is clean.
    Second, go to Firefox and delete the add on (if its still there) from tools>> addons (shortcut Ctrl+Shift+A)
    After this go to Firefox options (under tools) and change the homepage to google or default.

This should resolve your problem :)