How to increase Download speed in Cyberoam 24 online client?

Discussion in 'Broadband How to' started by AryanChinha, Aug 29, 2008.

1. AryanChinha

AryanChinha New Member

i need an angle who can tell me the trick 2 increase the download speed in cyberoam 24 online client.
  2. just4kix

just4kix Guardian Angel Staff Member

Who is the ISP and what is the ISP plan, speed, etc.?

What is the current speed that you get?
  3. AryanChinha

AryanChinha New Member

Speed i get and my ISP

MY ISP is cyberoam 24 online client.I am in a plan of 256kbp/s unlimited,nd i am getting a speed of 20-30 kbp/s,in case of torrents, at the max 12-18 kbp/s.
  4. just4kix

Note that plan speed is mentioned as kbps (kilo bits per second) whereas browsers and torrent clients display the same in kBps (kilo bytes per second). Hence 256 kbps equals 32 kBps.

The above speed is promised within the ISP network (upto the BRAS). Beyond this depends upon the source server load and network contention.

If you are getting anything above 25 kBps in browser or torrent client you are getting more or less the speed promised (labiet a little on lower side). If you are getting lower speed, try Download Accelerator Plus. If situation does not improve, file a complaint.

Also turn off automatic Windows Updates, AV updates (do them manually).

Torrent speed also depends upon number of seeds.
  5. AryanChinha

AryanChinha New Member

Thanx

Thanks man for ur suggestion.Can u tell me which is the best dwnload manager,IDM or DAP?:0:
  6. just4kix

I use DAP. IDM is also good. I have not compared them.
  7. Mr.Tooth Fairy

Mr.Tooth Fairy New Member

i prefer IDM.. DAP is very fussy i think.. n i dint noticed any change in speed using DAP... IDM i had huge speed difference.
  8. Oigen

Oigen New Member

There are no tricks to help you achieve that. Get a better broadband provider and you'll have more speed.
  9. indian_kartoon

indian_kartoon New Member

did u do port forwarding ??

and I feeel IDM is better...but thats only my personal experience
  10. navgemi

navgemi New Member

I have not tried DAP.I am happy and satisfied with IDM.
  11. AryanChinha

AryanChinha New Member

Dont have a clear idea in PORT FORWARDING

Hi Indian....what do u mean by port forwarding?i have tried that kind of thing,but got no result because it says that i m not a netwrk admin.also i dont have a clear idea in port forwarding,or how 2 do that.if u let me knw i ll be grateful.my g mail id is *****@gmail.com.:eek:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2008