How to convert pdf to word or PPT?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by youtuy, Jan 18, 2013.

1. youtuy

youtuy New Member

I've bought a pdf format ebook and would like to quote some sections to make a word or PPT presentation for my teaching class, buy somehow I can only copy text but not the charts and photos which are the most important things. So how can I convert the pdf ebook to word or PPT document without changing the original layouts? Can Adobe do that? Or any other software?
  2. hindol29

hindol29 New Member

if u copy text from pdf file, it will pest in word as a jpg image file. Nitro PDF pro will be good for you. though there are other soft ware that can do so, but the good thing is it's doesn't change the layout of the file, which other soft ware did & it's hard to re-arrange the layout. if u want to know how it's work let me know. i use it and it's very good.
  3. ballackay

ballackay New Member

Yeah I remember Adobe does have a professional converter can do that, but it cost a lot of money. You won't have to convert the pdf file. You can copy the text you want to your word or ppt file for further editing. As for the charts and photos, you can capture from the computer's screen and then put it into your file. In that way you can easily make your own word/ppt.
    But if you still want to convert the file, you can refer to the following articles:
    How to convert PDF to Word
    How to convert PDF to PowerPoint
  4. cruyu

cruyu New Member

Converting a PDF to a DOC format can be challenging without Adobe Acrobat. As of October 2012, Acrobat XI Pro costs $199 on the Adobe website. But you don't necessarily need Acrobat to convert pdf file to Word document. There're lots of PDF to word/ppt converter on the Internet, just type your question to google and there'll be many recommendations.
    I don't have experience on converting PDF file to PowerPoint, but you can try to save every page of the pdf file as image and export to a new PPT document.
  5. rubiny

rubiny New Member

That's a common question pdf users've come across.
    PDF(Portable Document Format) was originally developed by Adobe, therefore Adobe definately has the most professional converter to help you do what you need, with a pretty expensive price of course.I don't think there's any other way to convert pdf format to word or ppt without a software, unless you are a programmer.
    Here're some information that might help you to solve your problem:
    How to convert PDF to Word/PPT/Text/Epub/image/HTML
    How to convert PDF to Word/PPT/Text/Epub/image/HTML on Mac
  6. gspal

gspal Member

Use Wondershare PDF to Word. It is a free utility that converts PDFs to Word documents, either one by one or in batches. It preserves all of a document's layout and formatting, which saves a lot of time when reusing content. It's compatible with most versions of Windows from XP to Vista, but it only runs in 32-bit editions of Windows 7. Download it at wondershare dot com or search for it at download dot cnet dot com
  7. Akshay

Akshay Member

Well if you want me to do that, I'll give it a try...
  8. trinkaljuneja

trinkaljuneja New Member

here is comes

adobe acrobat pro

pdf to word
  9. Amey

Amey New Member

for instant u could get it online convertors
  10. eric shaw

eric shaw New Member

where is the free software to convert the pdf?