How to check status

Discussion in 'BSNL broadband' started by Janak Bhutani, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Janak Bhutani

Janak Bhutani New Member

Hello all,
    I purchased BSNL broadband plan Combo 600 in which i got 2.5 GB and 2mbps speed.I just purchased this plan last day as on 27 august 2011.Please tell me how i can check the status of account that how much i had used the internet.I just got the user name and password from exchange.But i do not need to login any place when start internet it automatically start.Is it always on please tell me it is my first chance and i do not want to pay lot of amount with out using net.
    Please help me.
  2. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

1. It seems you are in PPPoE mode. Make sure you switch off the modem when you do not use internet. You connection will be active as long as modem is ON (usage will be feeble if computer is shutdown, still be on the safe side as you are on an unlimited plan).

2. Very important, you won't get full 2.5 GB day usage for this month. 2.5 GB is for 30 days. Your day time usage for this month will be 2.5 X (4/30) only. So be careful what you use on day time. During 2 - 8 am you can use as much as you can.

3. BSNL NU plans had an issue, in order to get 2 - 8 am free, your connection should start at 2.00 am and end at 8.00 am. Earlier you have to do it manually or using tools (search NU Schedulers in the search box above). It seems BSNL portal does it automatically these days (in some circles). When you have access to portal, check if there is an automatic break up of connection at 2.00 am and 8.00 am. If not, you need to do it manually or using a scheduler.

4. BSNL has 5 usage portals according to your location. Please mention your SSA (always mention location for such queries) and we can help you find the correct portal.
  3. Janak Bhutani

Janak Bhutani New Member

Is it free to use internet between 2 AM to 8 AM?Can we download at this time freely?And please tell me what i should get from exchange so that i can control the access of internet.

Can i change the internet plan now.Do i have to pay for this plan as well as for the new plan also?How much time will it take in changing the broadband plan.Is there any plan for unlimited access my budget is maximum 600.I am from Ganaur District Sonepat in Haryana.

Please explain
    you won't get full 2.5 GB day usage for this month. 2.5 GB is for 30 days. Your day time usage for this month will be 2.5 X (4/30) only.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  4. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

Yes.

Me too on PPPoE mode. It is a good set up. No need to change it. Simply switch off the modem after use.

I think no. If I am correct, minimum hire period of a plan is one month. Home Combo 600 is a good plan. Why do you want to change it ?

If you are particular about an unlimited plan, you can choose UL 499 which gives 256 Kbps unlimited (speed of Home Combo 600 is 2 Mbps, 8 times the speed of UL 499). Please note that you need to pay telephone rent extra in this plan. I am on UL 750 which give 512 Kbps unlimited.

Is your SSA Ganaur or Sonepat ? If yes, try data.bsnl.in and log in using your 14 digit portal ID and password (which is normally password). Let me know if you are facing any issues. Also use a bandwidth meter from Networx or Shaplus to keep an eye on your usage. It will work even when the BSNL portal is down. But remember, values on BSNL portal is final. Counter check the values with portal at regular intervals.

What is that you didn't understand in this ?
  5. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

Day usage 0800AM to 0200AM chargeable
    Month 2.5GB 2560 MB Per day divide by30 or 31 = 85MB approx

27th Aug to 31st Aug 2011 5days @approx 82 MB/dayusage
    82 x 5= 410MB or approx 410 MB
    You will be charged @20Paise/MB for excess usage above this.

Night usage: Switch off computer before 0200AM
    ( not necessary , but just as aprecaution this month )
    Restart at 0205AM or any time from now :
    for FREE download . NO LIMIT
    Switch off Modem at about 0755 AM
    ( Not needed , but any way as a precaution this month )

Para two:

SET 1 :

USERID/PW to connect to Internet
    Ip 117.xx.xx.xx

SET 2: ( Not applicable to you)
    Obtain from Exchange
    14digit portalID PW password to access BSNL Portal data.bsnl.in

SET 3:
    If your location is listed in selfcare web sites
    (a)USE browser IE
    (b)Select and register with OWN ID
    (c)PW will be sent by email to you.
    (d)http://selfcare.ndc.bsnl.co.in (or edc sdc wdc)

Set 4 :
    emailID/PW obtain from exchange.
    to access webmail.

Use application NetworX to keep track of your usage from today.
    http://softperfect.com

Janak Bhutani New Member

Your day time usage for this month will be 2.5 X (4/30) only.

Please explain 2.5 X (4/30)

And in exchange someone employee told me about the plan combo 625 unlimited access and 256 kbps speed.Is it correct and he told me that i can change the plan for this i had to submit the application.I contacted in Ganaur Exchange and please tell me the customer care no for broadband queries from BSNL landline phone and from any mobile.
    Thanks for the replies.
  7. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

Please explain 2.5 X (4/30) (
    Usage per month 2560MB X multiplied by 4 days ( or 5 days ).Then divided by 30 or 31 days gives you this month's usage quota.
    See post no 5.
    Check my signature link: BSNL links.
    New web site where you can change your plan:
    ( No log in required )
    udaan.bsnl.co.in
  8. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

As I mentioned, 2.5 GB is for 30 days. Your connection starts on 27 th. So 27, 28, 29 , 30. You have 4 days not 30 days. So your day time limit will be 4/30 of 2.5 GB.

1 GB = 1024 MB

1024 X 2.5 = 2560 MB

4/30 = 0.133

so, 2560 X 0.133 = 341.33 MB is what you have as day time browsing limit for this month.

BB Home Combo UL 625 is the combo version of UL 499. Speed is same as UL 499, but you need not pay telephone rent in this plan. Also there is 100 free calls. But the rent is Rs. 625 + 10.3 % tax instead of Rs. 499 + 10.3 % tax. Choose it only if you come under an urban exchange. For rural exchange, both plans are more or less same.

@ essbebe

Will they give 5 days ? Or 4 ? Didn't notice your edit while posting this.
  9. Janak Bhutani

Janak Bhutani New Member

They told me that this plan is from 27 august to 26 september 2011 but you are saying this is only for 5 days?will i have to pay for just 5 days?It is not ok.They told me that bill will come on next month.
  10. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

Will they give 5 days ? Or 4 ? Didn't notice your edit while posting this.
    Appears default setting in their usage computer is for 30days /per month.
    Anyway we can use revised approx 5/30 or 1/6 of 2560MB
    as possible quota from 27th Aug to 31st Aug ( 5 days)
    which gives result 426MB approx
  11. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

BSNL staff are known for giving misleading information. That is why I spend a few hours in this forum helping users to get through the traps they set. You can call it my sweet revenge to BSNL. :)

Billing cycle of BSNL is from 1 st to 30 th. For August you need to pay only Rs. { 600 X (4/30) } + 10.3 % tax, not Rs. 600 + 10.3 % tax.

Hope it is clear now. If you need any info, feel free to ask.
  12. Janak Bhutani

Janak Bhutani New Member

So according to you i have to pay 600 for these 5 days of august and 600 for the month of sept.?
  13. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

If this is a new telephone connection/broadband connection, Bill for Aug 5 days and Sept 30 Days will be combined and sent as
    ONE bill in October 2011.
    5days BB usage/rent Security deposit ( inst charges waived )
    + modem deposit if on rental etc +telephone security deposit ( installation charges )+ Tax at 10.3% ( not for security deposit )
    Plus full bill Rs 600/=BB usage September 2011 etc

Thereafter you should get a monthly bill for Oct /1st to Oct 31st in November etc.
    Bsnl Billing is from 1st of the month .
    Airtel has different dates for usage. 20th 23rd 25th etc
  14. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

Thanks.

@ Janak Bhutani

Please check with the accounts officer (ask for his phone no.) whether you get 4 or 5 days this month. Do update the result here.

Billing cycle of BSNL is from 1 st to 30 th. For August you need to pay only Rs. { 600 X (4/30) } + 10.3 % tax, not Rs. 600 + 10.3 % tax.

which will be Rs. 79.80

Also you need to pay installation charges (if any).

Which modem do you use ? Did you get it from BSNL ? Mention model and make.
  15. Janak Bhutani

Janak Bhutani New Member

I already submitted 500 for instrument and 1800 for wi fi modem and 600 for the plan.No installation charges has been discussed.Now i have to pay 675 for august and 675 for september?
    Modem Model no is: T2-A-Gawv1.4U10Y-Bl

yes i got it from BSNL make is Jan 2010
    Name of commodity ADSL2+CPE
  16. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

Rs. 79.80 + 10.3 % tax = Rs. 88 for August .

Rs. 600 + 10.3 % tax = Rs. 661.80 for September onwards.

hmm, nice. I will say you are lucky. BSNL has stopped supplying modems in many circles.
  17. Janak Bhutani

Janak Bhutani New Member

many thanks to you both for telling me reality i was thinking differently.Now please tell me is it ok to take the plan of Combo 625.Can you explain it in detail because now i will not believe on BSNL employees here.
  18. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

19. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

If you are ok with the speed, go ahead. Earlier (some one year back), me too was on 256 Kbps unlimited. It is slow but manageable. Any doubts are welcome.

Apply online, use links mentioned in post no.7 .
  20. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

Register at ( use IE browser)
    http://selfcare.ndc.bsnl.co.in
    Use your own ID.
    Consumer number in telephone bill.
    Password will be sent to your email address.
    ( will take at least a week )
    Option to change plan also available here.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files: