Help setting up bsnl wimax with my belkin modem router

Discussion in 'BSNL broadband' started by neerajkumar, Oct 5, 2011.

1. neerajkumar

neerajkumar New Member

hello, I recently switched to bsnl wimax and I have been trying to configure it with my wireless router.
    I have a belkin F5D7634 modem router. it only has a adsl input port and 4 ethernet ports. the wimax has a poe ethernet port and a data port. I have never used a wimax before and I don't know how it works.. how am i supposed to connect the router with the wimax? I am new here and did do a search about the set up for a bsnl wimax but couldn't find one. can someone help me out?
  2. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

Who recommended this particular Belkin model ? Are you sure it will work with Wimax ?

Post the snap shots of ports of both Wimax unit and Belkin router (label the port name).

Belkin F5D7634 may need an ADSL input (if you are sure that you have the right router) which you should get from the Wimax CPE. And then use Belkin router's ethernet port or WiFi to connect to your PC.

PS: I do not use Wimax, but recently saw a similar set up my friend's.
  3. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

Connect the Rj45 cable from Wimax ( data cable ) to
    LAN1 of Belkins router. Another rj45 to computer.
    If OK
    Test wireless without cable.
    Online run this for checking what the led's indicate .
    Belkin : Support : F5D7634-4A - Interactive Knowing your router guide

Preferred a stand alone wifi router.

feedback.
  4. neerajkumar

neerajkumar New Member

Thank you both :)
    i got it resolved. I connected the wimax ethernet (poe slot) to the ethernet on my router.
    Then i configured my router ip to 192.168.1.2 aand the dhcp range to 192.168.1.3.

This did the job of linking the router and the wimax.
    I configured the internet setting to use the dhcp ip(192.168.1.3) and default gateway to 192.168.1.1(the one as that of the wimax).

This did the job !! :)
    router:
    [​IMG]

wimax:
    [​IMG]
  5. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

poe slot
    This carries power DC Voltage from a Power adapter supplied ???

Change to DATA slot the RJ45 going to Belkin wifi router.
    Original setup only Data RJ45 goes to computer lan port.

Give model number of WImax unit . Innomedia ??

FEEDBack.
  6. mohamed_kv

mohamed_kv New Member

BSNL Wimax configration for Dyanmic IP settings for DVR

Please try get me details how to configure BSNL Wimax for Dynamic IP settings for Remote Viewing of DVR
  7. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

Give the correct details of the WIMAX unit supplied to you .
    MODEL/MAKE/NUMBER
    Can you access the menu pages to make any changes ?
    Do you see any NAT menu with sub menus? Virtual server/Port triggering etc.
    Do you have to LOG IN every time to when you switch on the unit to connect to Internet ?
  8. Sarabjeet Singh

Sarabjeet Singh New Member

Bro....Buy Router....not Modem....Modem is not Support on Wimax CPE.......Am using Belkin F7D1301....its wrk Fine....Belkin : F5D7634-4A Its Modem Router,,,,nt Router...
  9. Sudheesh Vm

Sudheesh Vm New Member

hey neeraj. i see that you've fixed the issue. but i have the exact same problem. i have a belkin modem router and a bsnl wimax connection. belkin model: F7D1401 v1.. please do tell me how to set up this modem router with bsnl wimax. Neeraj said something about changing the IP address to 192.168.1.3 or sumthin. I dint understand properly. Please help guys.
  10. sibi104

sibi104 New Member

Netgear dg834g

Can you please help me for model of netgear dg834g. Bsnl wimax connect
  11. vrkrkv

vrkrkv New Member

General wireless router setup

Once you setup BSNL Wimax test the following.
    1) If the internet is working when you directly connect the ethernet cable to your computer then your wimax connection is good.

2) Now connect the cable to the internet port of the wireless router and another ethernet cable from wireless router to computer. This should automatically work.

3) If step 2 is not working then it means that both wimax modem and your router are having the conflicting ip address 192.168.1.1.
    you should change the ip address of your router to something other than 192.168.1.1 for example you can change it to 192.168.0.1

4) If step 2 or step 3 is working then you can set up your wireless network.
  12. mashac

mashac New Member

neeraj kumar will you please explain step by step of this process. I did everything you said but it's still not working....... I didn't completely understood that step.... my modem is ASUS DSL N10E.
  13. kailas6

kailas6 New Member

Please help me bro how did u do it. Give me step by step details sir..

Please help me bro how did u do it. Give me step by step details sir..