Help required in recharging dishtv in uae

Discussion in 'Dish tv' started by luv2break, Sep 22, 2009.

1. luv2break

luv2break New Member

I am living in uae,and i want to know how to recharge dishtv from here online,using credit card(I have master card).
    plz explain step by step.
    please need help.
  2. just4kix

just4kix Guardian Angel Staff Member

You have not activated your account and hence your posts are going into moderation queue. Please click on the link in the mail you received from the forum admin in your mailbox. Failure to do so will cause all your posts go into moderation.
    ------------
    You can recharge your connection very easily using credit card:

1. First create your account on the DishTV web site. You will required your VC number and STB serial number.
    2. Once your account is created, it will be activated within 24 hours (no idea why so long).
    3. Using your VC Number as user-id and your own password, you can log into "My Account" and then click on the "Renew Subscription" or some such link.
    4. Follow step by step.

p/s. Use an Indian credit card preferably. I am not sure about foreign banks' credit cards. I think, this is because of billing and shipping address on foreign CC will be different. Again, this is my doubt only. I have really no idea.
  3. panchabhut

panchabhut Active Member

Is Dish TV officially supposed to be available in UAE
  4. just4kix

I do not think so. My good guess is that it is illegal. For one, every country has the right to censor the content shown. Then there are legal terestrial rights. Finally if it was available in UAE officially then why would it not be easy to recharge out there?

Many people take DTH connections from here and carry the STB there. There are enough people who can install a dish. The rest is cakewalk.

This is highly illegal and if the person is caught, hell would feel like heaven, especially in those GCC countries.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  5. neo001

neo001 New Member

It is illegal to use Dishtv In UAE.
  6. deepmohan

deepmohan Its Time To Change !

If i am not wrong he talking about how to get his Dish TV in india recharged from UAE. :cool:
  7. luv2break

luv2break New Member

thanx just4kix for your directions,am gonna try it now.....and u seem to be smart :) ....
  8. just4kix

Not smart ... just knowledgeable ... :)

Glad to help.
  9. luv2break

luv2break New Member

deepmohan,good guess,but i have dishtv here in uae,anyway thanx all

neo001,yes dishtv is banned in uae,unfortunately.....
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  10. luv2break

luv2break New Member

i tried a lot,but couldnt do it
    anyone here who have recharged dishtv from uae can please tell me...
  11. just4kix

If your account has been frozen, you need to talk to Customer Care.
  12. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

rechage dubai

if you want rechage send me email
  13. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

what is your email for recharging dishtv

what is your email for recharging dishtv
  14. Anjali

Anjali New Member

best option would be to call up customer service, or the person who installed Dish TV for you, or another case if you know someone in India who can do a recharge for you then try that.
  15. sahils

sahils New Member

it worked for me.. thanks
  16. nevinjohn

nevinjohn Active Member

Dish TV-NSS6 Footprints

Hi,

Though we receive Dish Tv in UAE technically, because of the "spilled off" signal from NSS6 (the satellite which Dish TV uses for their broadcasting), it's illegal. When compared to the rates of the TV oprators here, (Pehla, Etisalat and du), we can afford to have Dish Platinum pack with HD connection!!.

Dish TV officialy doesnt do any back end support for customer out of India, as they adverstise in their interactive channel specifically that its illegal to view it there. Belive it or not, 80% of Indians use it!!
    Thanks to the nice foot print area of NSS6!

For a recharge, why dont you use internet banking, from their website using your credit card? Its very simple. :cool:
  17. luv2break

luv2break New Member

@nevijohn...thanx a lot for your information.i have a credit card too,but the thing is i dont trust the sites for credit payment.thats why i have made a paypal account,and i was wondering if i could pay through payapl?...if anyone has any idea..and tell me if credit card payment is safe?...
    thanx every1.
  18. nevinjohn

nevinjohn Active Member

Dont worry about using your card, all you have to see is the "https://www.xxx.com", this https means a secured connection, moreover since you are directly doing it from the dish TV site, yoo dont have to worry about it. Click on the "International Credit Card" option when you make the option,(assuming your credit card is from UAE).

Paypal is very good, but Dish TV doesnt have any tie up from them. If you really dont want to make an online payment, call up some of your friends in India, and ask them to buy a recharge card for you. Simple as that!