Fusion chip Laptop new ASUS X53U-SX013D -Win7 installtion problem

Discussion in 'Windows' started by tolkapiam, Oct 12, 2011.

1. tolkapiam

tolkapiam New Member

Last week I ordered this budget laptop from Letsbuy.com for my kid and yesterday received received thro Aramex on COD @ Rs 17,100.
    Free: Alcatel 3.6 mbps data card(worth Rs 1200-1500)+ one porable electric screw driver (with many changeable bits)
    This is AMD Dual core C50 (1.0 GHZ) + 2 GB Ram+320 GB Hard Disk + 15.6" screen.( Iam planning to make it 4 GB ram soon)
    This came with a driver DVD which says for 64 bit win 7 only.
    Yet to instal the OS properly .hitting some road blocks.:mad:
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  2. cool_techie_tvm

cool_techie_tvm Amor vincit omnia

3. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

@tolkapiam
    Your Post reported>
    PLEASE DELETE insert MODE.
    Every time thread is opened about 750KB lost.
    How this size was allowed as Insert? reduce the pic size/s
    What is the point in showing the Baggage/parcel picture.
    ?
    Upload at mega upload etc and give the link.
    Interested users will see the wrapper details !!!
    We need a display 54 " screen !!! or scroll left and right !
  4. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

@ tolkapiam

Does the issue still exist ? If yes, try using a Knoppix Live CD. All you need to do is insert the CD and restart the laptop (presume you have boot from CD option enabled). If it works fine, something is wrong with your Windows 7 disc and you may need to get a spare one and check. Since you already tried a workout using driver CD, that may not be the case.
  5. tolkapiam

tolkapiam New Member

What I have not been able to do -is instal the driver CD first .
    It contains "Instal" .exe Application file ( when I inser the CD in my other Acer laptop, it asks whether to run and instal,I just saw the contents and did not instal in my old laptop)
    when I insert driver cd first,it runs off to DOS (C:/) even after entering BIOS by hitting Escape and choosing the dVD rom. having failed to instal the driver cd first
    Then when I insert win 7 and choose dvd rom-prompts -hit any key and starts installing. After 20% installation asks for the driver and when insert the dvd rom says did not find relevant. obviously boot.exe from the driver cd not installed !
    The win 7 ultimate I have did not give any problem before. I have called for help as a last resort.waiting.:(
    Asus webite has all the drivers for X53U series (both 32 and 64 bit win7)

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download X53U

Telengana zindabad- 8am to 10am and 2pm-4pm powercut!!:mad:
  6. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

hmm, ok.

@ cool techie,

Do they provide drivers for free ? If no, can you please suggest a good provider / method to get free drivers for Windows XP/7. Thanks.
  7. cool_techie_tvm

Of course, it is free. You have install a plug-in which will enable the website to analyze the existing hardware of your PC. Once the analysis is completed, it will list the official links to the updated drivers. :)

A small word of caution. Install the drivers that are relevant to the hardware on your PC. For instance, when I do the scan using the same website, it lists two drivers for the bluetooth module of my laptop. Since I know that the module is based on broadcom, I install the broadcom drivers. I do not know whether it is an isolated case of mine ..
  8. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

Thanks, will try. Rep + :)
  9. tolkapiam

tolkapiam New Member

ASUS X53U-SX013D -atlast Win 7 64bit sp1 installed

Thanks for posting various solutions guys.

I have to call the Doctor as I could not handle it.
    There were two issues.
    1.it was asking for a CD rom driver even though it is installing thro the DVD rom.
    2.The win7 ultimate CD I was using was corrupt.
    The gentleman who had handled the case last time took few hours to circumvent the "can not proceed,driver needed issue" and finally on using another Win 7 CD only could solve the issue.
    To make his time worth the exercise ,I also fitted this baby with 64 bit Office 2010!:D

Inserted my Huawei e1750 7.2 mbps card .software got Installed and connected to internet in no time.

[​IMG]

The only browser to start with -Internet explorer- Upgraded from 8 to 9 I think. Then downloaded chrome and chrome is the browser now.
    Downloaded java update too.
    For a dual core 1.0 GHz proccy+ radeon HD6250 built in card /2 gb ram,320 gb hd- lappy feels good in win7 64 bit sp1 +office 64 bit 2010 .:D
    [​IMG]
  10. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

Congrats. Told you this is a Windows 7 DVD issue :)
  11. tolkapiam

tolkapiam New Member

meetdilip Thanks
    when I post the same JPG image from Tinypic in other site ,picture is small size and in IBF ,it comes in full size! check your settings.
    In a few min I will post the image link in photobucket where I have a/c.
    so bear with me with this monster image.
    Tinypic is fast as I dont sign in.:D
  12. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

You can use free image compressing tools and post even big images at a small size. Or simply give links without forum code. Awaiting pics :)
  13. tolkapiam

tolkapiam New Member

Asus Fusion laptop

I felt some drivers not properly installed.(graphics)
    Inserted the driver cd by ASUS and went component by component and did driver update from the cd. Few were not installed properly and now got properly installed. After installing a 2 GB Ram stick ,it will improve further.:rolleyes:
    Processor is the weakest in score.Now the price is Rs 1800 more than I paid!:confused:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  14. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

I think it is a good buy for that price. Don't know whether RAM has any effect on driver installation.
  15. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 Platinum Member

it should not be correct.
  16. tolkapiam

tolkapiam New Member

Cooltechie
    Thanks for your suggestion about driver update. will try it soon.

I saw your your blog? link "nifty futures trading" with password protection.
    Are you running a paid member advisory service or your own trading musings?
    Iam in the same field but not Indian markets.:cool:

whitestar
    Thanks for your input.I checked this in detail with piriform speccy and as well with CPU-ID/CPU-Z. both are same. attached images.your comments please!
    :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  17. cool_techie_tvm

No. I am not running paid services. :)
  18. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

You have a blog ? Link please :)
  19. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 Platinum Member

my mistake!i thought piriform speccy was showing MT/s but it is showing the correct I/O clock rate which is 533MHz for DDR3-1066 ram.
  20. tolkapiam

tolkapiam New Member

whitestar
    OK! Thanks. For a minute I thought they sold me with condemned ram's @ discount!!:rolleyes: Now my bP is back to normal.:D

One slot is free ..so 1 stick 2GB Ram @1066 mhz will be fine .. I think.
    Normally shops sell open ram sticks. shall I go for a branded one (shrink wrapped)-Transcend like that?