Does Netbook & Notebook support windows 7 OS ?

Discussion in 'Laptop' started by perjabs, Aug 20, 2011.

1. perjabs

perjabs New Member

I am planning to buy a Netbook(Asus R051PX (Crystal White) Atom Dual Core) , they mentioned OS as "Windows 7 Starter" , and I want to know whether this model supports other OS types like Windows 7 Home, Premium ?

And Netbook/Notebook models will support windows xp or not ?
  2. godson

godson New Member

dude, when they mentioned OS as win7 then it supports win7. Actually today's atom processor can run win7 if there sufficient ram. Win7 needs minimum 1 Gb Ram. And in your case proccy is dual core. So it is good buy IMO.

It supports every version of win7..:)
  3. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

Better stick with Windows 7 Starter or Windows XP. Aero themes are too much for Netbooks. Yes, you can use XP on any PC that meets its system requirements (almost all netbooks do).
  4. nehaverma2011

nehaverma2011 New Member

This model is having Intel N570 processor.So there is no problem in Installing any operating system.
  5. priyanka2332

priyanka2332 New Member

You have taken a very good decision to buy a netbook with Intel Atom Dual Core. It has been recently launched in India. I am using an Intel Atom based netbook and though it gives great performance, I can say that the dual core one will be much faster and better. It will definitly support other OS like Windows 7 Home and XP etc. I would suggest you to get a netbook with 2 GB RAM if you are planning to use any other OS other than Windows XP.
  6. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

I am not sure if performance is the right word here. My Intel Atom netbook gives good battery life, but performance is something I find hard to quote.
  7. popper

popper Member

u right ,, in netbooks m also not satisfied wid performance
  8. priyanka2332

priyanka2332 New Member

Popper and meetdilip offcourse an i7 or i5 processor or even a core2duo will give better performance than a netbook but what I am saying is that I am satisfied with its performance. I have not faced any problem in terms of performance and I am happy.

And you all will agree that a netbook is much better performance wise than a tablet.
  9. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

Yep, netbook is a real life saver when it comes to battery life. But if you open 3 browsers or so a few tabs, you will feel the sluggishness. We can blame it because it is meant to give more battery life than intense memory processor use.

PS : Appreciate your effort in enlightening the advantage of netbook :)
  10. manoranjan2050

manoranjan2050 New Member

very nice information sir thanks..............
  11. jeanne9

jeanne9 New Member

netbook

I like netbook because its easy to carry but im not satisfied with its feature because it does not have disk drive.