Which modem+router is better?

• D-Link DSL-2750U

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TP-Link TD-W8961ND

• Other

• Total voters
Looking for ADSL2+ Wireless Modem+Router. Shortlisted these two Dlink 2750u and Tp link W8951.
If you're using or have used any of these, do provide your positive or negative inputs, tips and suggestions in the same reference.

1. Which model has better range?
  2. How's after sales support of each company in terms of repair, replacement or technical help?
  3. Do any of these have DD-wrt or openwrt support or torrent client support?
  4. Apart from printer sharing, what else USB port on modem can be used for?
  5. Which is better in after sales support(return, refund, etc.) Amazon or Flipkart?
Devices I intend to connect (not necessarily all at same time)-
Desktop - 1
Laptop - 1
Android phones - 2
Apple iPod - 1
Tablet - 1

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I have used DLink 2750U for some time and I find it to be good. Wifi range of both these routers will be more or less the same as they are regulated by the same norms so home use routers cannot have signal strength more then the prescribed limit by the government.

The draw back with Dlink 2750u is that if you want to use a usb modem with it then you would need a dlink usb modem to go with it as it does not take usb modems of other brands. I am not usre is the Tp link model you have listed has the same limitations or not so please find that out before you spend your money.

I think you should go for the TP Link router, I have been using my TP Link router for 3 years and it hasn't given me any problems at all and it easily connects to 3-4 devices.

I have used DLink 2750U for some time and I find it to be good. Wifi range of both these routers will be more or less the same as they are regulated by the same norms so home use routers cannot have signal strength more then the prescribed limit by the government.

The draw back with Dlink 2750u is that if you want to use a usb modem with it then you would need a dlink usb modem to go with it as it does not take usb modems of other brands. I am not usre is the Tp link model you have listed has the same limitations or not so please find that out before you spend your money.
Do you had to reach out to Dlink for any kind of post sales support? If yes, how was your experience?
Products seldom last forever, that is given, what matters most is how the company handles it with customers.

I think you should go for the TP Link router, I have been using my TP Link router for 3 years and it hasn't given me any problems at all and it easily connects to 3-4 devices.
Pardon the typo in that post, the model I was comparing is W8961nd (8951). Have you been using W8961nd for that period?
How's range?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Do you had to reach out to Dlink for any kind of post sales support? If yes, how was your experience?
Products seldom last forever, that is given, what matters most is how the company handles it with customers.
I have never contacted Dlink for support so cannot comment on what their support staff is like.