Difference Between Netbook And Notebook

I am not a very technical person and have very less knowledge about devices. I know what a desktop is and laptop and tablet is, but what is a netbook and notebook? Are these two the same thing or something very different and if different how different are they? If at all there is a difference between the two which one would you recommend to purchase?

I am not a very technical person and have very less knowledge about devices. I know what a desktop is and laptop and tablet is, but what is a netbook and notebook? Are these two the same thing or something very different and if different how different are they? If at all there is a difference between the two which one would you recommend to purchase?

Hi,

Note book is nothing but laptop's another name.But netbook refers to a laptop without a DVD/ROM drive.it is used primarily for surfing the net and not for storing lot of details/downloading movies etc.I have a Lenovo ideapad S10 netbook with 1 gb RAM and 160Gb HDD.It doesnt have a DVDROM drive.data transfer is through USB flash drive usually referred as Pen Drive.(ROM=read only memory or random memory),HDD hard disk drive where your saved data is stored.

The latest laptops/notebooks have become ultrabooks with touch screens 4gb RAM and 500 gb HDD and a superfast 2nd Gen core I3 I5 or I7 processor.prices Rs 60000plus!