detail regarding new bsnl internet connection.. please help?

Discussion in 'BSNL broadband' started by mahendersingh, Oct 9, 2010.

1. mahendersingh

mahendersingh New Member

i'm looking for a cheap broadband connection.
    i live in faridabad, Haryana
    i liked two plans from bsnl
    1. BB Home UL 499* 256kbps but has fixed telephone charge also
    2. BB Home Combo UL 625 256 kbps with no telephone charge.
    i never taken any landline or broadband connection so i don't have any knowledge about anything..
    1.The above rates are exclusive of Service Tax, which will be charged as per prevailing tariff.
    3. Security deposit for local/STD/ISD facility and installation charges as applicable shall be taken from the customer.
    so how much is service tax? and security deposit.

my father is central govt employ. so can we get 20 % descount as mentioned on bsnl website, i'm living with my family. so is this 20% dis. is on plan only or on total bill?
    and what will be other charges like of modem or anything expext these..

if i take 499 is there any zero rantal telephone scheme, (i dont need to call from that) actually i don't want my bill above than 500 in any manner so please guide...

and please tell me the process of taking connections and other charges and modem charges.

means i want to knew the bill amount if i take connection, means if i adopt 625, will i get bill of 500 (20% discount)+ 50 (modem charge) = 550rs. or is any other charges also.

Re-launch of Promotional scheme allowing “15 days Unlimited Free Download” and waiver of Installation charges to the new customers registering their Broadband connection during the period 15.09.2010 to 15.11.2010 in all Circles.

so now what does i have to pay while taking connection?

20% discount on Broadband services (usage and Rental) to Government Employees (Central Government/ State Government/ PSUs) and to Visually Impaired customers of both existing / new connection.
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  2. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

2. BB Home Combo UL 625 256 kbps with no telephone charge.

Security Deposit for modem type 1 Rs 500/=
    One months' BB rent security for tariff plans above Rs 500/=
    ( for Rs 625 plan applicable)
    Taxes not levied on above. Usually 10.3% .
    Installation charges waived , I hope.

The Telephone connection/BB being availed should be in your father's name. to avail 20% discount.
    Get certificate from Head of office,( local unit) that he is employed in _____office.
    REF:
    Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.

First month bill will be exceeding Rs 2000/= approx.
  3. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

1. You can avail the 20 % discount for usage and rental.

2. I think there is a b fone plan with zero rental. Please check with your local exchange.
  4. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

5. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

6. needna78

needna78 New Member

im charged

Hey i just have a new broadband connection & when i asked people of BSNL here they said that this 15 days scheme is automatically provided to u so i downloaded many things but now im charged a large amount what shoul i do now plz help
  7. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

Talk to the accounts officer. Show this link

Promotional Offer
  8. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

@needna78.
    Did you get a 14 digit usage portal Id and PW from BSNL ?
    Then go to BSNL Portal and log in to check your usage.
    If your town/location is listed in any selfcare portal
    Register with OWN ID and wait for PW from BSNL.
    (a)Check Usage for October 2010.
    (b)Check activation date. Tariff plan.
    (c)Take a print out.
    (d)If the excess download in beyond the first 15 days, you may have to pay.

For any complaint regarding excess billing some written proof is required.
    If your tariff plan in NOT unlimited plan, download NetworX
    application and keep track of your usage from today for a single system.
  9. needna78

needna78 New Member

thnx

i contact the nearest BSNL office about this problem they said that the 15 days will not be charged in your bill but incase it happens that u get high bill we will reduce all the first 15 days amout.....
  10. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

11. vijayanand

vijayanand New Member

Re-launch Promotional scheme

I have got new connection on Nov 3, 2010 and started downloading with 2 Mbps speed, hoping BSNL will not charge for the first 15 days.

Has anyone faced issue with billing during the period 01.07.2010 to 31.07.2010. when the offer was there?

bsnl.co.in/service/bbtariff/bb_news.h***tm
    calcuttatelephones.com/new-template.h***tml
  12. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

To confirm whether it is free, check your usage details. If you are provided with the 15 days free unlimited download, chargeable unit excluding night unlimited will be zero.

Keep this link for future reference

Promotional Offer
  13. vijayanand

vijayanand New Member

charged for data within 15 days of activation

I have been charged for last 2 day(nov 14 and 15, 2010).
    i have downloaded 8 GB or more data(chargeable above 1.5 GB), assuming i have 15 days of free download from Nov 3.

Now what should i do? I'm not able to contact customer care(1800 424 1600), as i was in queue and waiting for 1 hour. is there any direct number to contact bsnl customer care.

Will BSNL resolve these kind of issue ?
  14. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

Talk to the accounts officer. He will be the right person to help you. If possible visit the office and tell your problem.
  15. preferity

preferity New Member

1.Take a print out of the promotional offer and the usage details from the portal.

2.Write an application regarding excess bill addressing the accounts officer.

3.Bill

4.Calculation of the first 15 days usage and deduct this usage from the total usage.And make it in a paper in proper understandable way.Because you have to convince the accounts officer.

I faced the excess bill issue and 29000+ bill but i managed to generate the proper bill.So i'm suggesting you people to collect all this documents and face accounts officer.Because they need ready made thing.They were not willing to calculate the usage of 15 days manually.So if you make everything ready in front of them they will generate you a duplicate bill instantly otherwise you have to travel the BSNL office regularly and need to shout over them.

-------------
    I'm giving you a calculation details of 500c plan then you will be able to calculate easily.

Say,
    Broadband activation date 12th
    Means under promotional offer upload and download is free up to 26th of that month.
    So you can deduct the usage between this period.(including 12th and 26th day's use)

Under 500c plan 1.5 GB is free. so per day 51.2 MB is allotted.(assuming 30days month) So in this case your free limit of this month is 51.2x4=204.8 MB (27th to 30th).So if you cross the free limit you have to pay the excess usage.

I think it's now clear how to calculate to get the duplicate bill instantly.

Modem rent, Plan charges will be applicable according to no of days.In this case they charged for 19 days.
    -----------------
    Talking with customer care executive or accounts officer over phone will not help you regarding this issue.You have to meet accounts officer and finalize everything as early as possible.Because if you don't pay the bill you will face disconnection issue and penalty.

Hope it will help you guys.

Thanks
  16. vijayanand

vijayanand New Member

I have got little hope after read your reply, thanks buddy.
    Now my unbilled usage says 20GB and Rs 12000+ (unbilled).:mad: :confused:

I have already stopped switching on modem in daytime.
  17. vijayanand

vijayanand New Member

hi

I have got the bill with 15000.
    How to find where is the accounts officer/ in which bsnl office he will be?
    My landline connection is NSPalya, Bangalore.
  18. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

He will be in the main office of the circle. Or you can call your local exchange and verify.
  19. canuragdelta

canuragdelta New Member

15 days unlimited usage also charged bill above 85000

u got 2 days charged i got whole 15 days charged and may more when i go to bsnl office have same complaint ........
  20. meetdilip

meetdilip The Wizard

When did you got the connection ? May be before the scheme was announced. If it was within the time period, try the following

Show this link to BSNL personnel. If possible, take a print of this and talk to the Accounts Officer.

Source : http://bsnl.co.in/service/PO_BB.htm