Connect Spectranet Cable Broadband To Wifi Router

Hi all,

I have a spectranet cable broadband with just an ethernet cable directly connected to the pc, with static ip and username and password provided by spectranet, so i would like connect it to the wi fi router i got Teracom Type 2 (if its not possible with this router please let me know which router is preferable)...and access internet over other devices using wi-fi like Smartphone, laptop or other devices supported by wi fi...so please can any one help me this...am kinda newbie with this....thanks

Thanks for the reply,

i was able to get into 192.168.1.1, but for that i had to use "Obtain IP address automatically" in IPV4, but after that i cant access internet in my home pc, so what am i doing wrong...as i have a different set of IP address, and a user name and password to access internet..and simultaneously set an wi-fi...so can you please describe it step by step...thanks

Cheers

sp23

Vivekvm, Were you able to sort it out ? I am in a similar situation. I have the linksys router instead. Is it possible to connect the ethernet cable directly to a router without a modem ?

For that you would need a router with Ewan (Ethernet wan) support. Routers from tplink and iball in the range of Rs 2000-2500 have this feature.