Configure DataOne with Dlink DSL-2640T

Discussion in 'BSNL broadband' started by rishikeshranjan, Mar 30, 2008.

1. rishikeshranjan

rishikeshranjan New Member

:) there everyone,
    I recently purchased the Dlink DSL-2640T ADSL 2 Modem, Wireless b/g Router. But unable to set it up on my computer. However, UT300R2U modem router works fine. Please help :D. I need to connect my laptop and mobile phone using wireless connectivity to net. Some of the posts listing automated connection of UT300R2U didn't help. Thanks ;)
  2. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 Platinum Member

first of all go to connection settings & see if any connection has VPI/VCI values 0 & 35 respectively.if not create one such connection.select connection type as pppoe,encapsulation--LLC,make this connection as default route.enter your bsnl username & password(without @bsnl.in i think) & enable DNS.set it to automatic but if you have to enter use these servers(open dns)---208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220.also enable DHCP.first connect to bsnl & then you may want to ask about port forwarding.
  3. rishikeshranjan

thanks whitestar-999. It worked like wonders. I believe that the DNS parameter was only missing link to the nirvana. Anyway my iPhone and laptop are able to connect through wi-fi. Thanks again. The port forwarding is still not required, so my requirements ends here.
  4. shriniketsarkar

shriniketsarkar New Member

Hey hi ....
    well that was good u could connect ur iPhone to the wireless .....
    Can u let me know which firmware version are u using on ur iPhone?
    And if u have used the customised app?
  5. rishikeshranjan

It is 1.1.3. No customised application. However, no security protocol has been setup in the wireless network.
  6. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 Platinum Member

be careful about your wifi network if you are not using any security(WEP etc).keep an eye on your usage as someone else can connect to your wifi.its better if you turn it on.try it & if everything works fine then keep it on.if not then post whatever problems you faced.
  7. shriniketsarkar

ok thanks ...i run the phone on firmware 1.1.4 ........just wanted to check whether anyone has used that customize.app .......
    Ya also whitestar is right definitely put some security ....and change the default password of ur modem ....
  8. rishikeshranjan

actually I am using three dataone connections all connecting through a single unlimited plan, the other two just the basic one to keep the DSL activated. Anyway hardly any house is within 500m area. I shall introduce the same once free for a day.
  9. mohdirfanz

mohdirfanz New Member

can u guys please tell me where one can purchase Dlink DSL 2640T Wireless Router. and the cost of the said product
  10. shriniketsarkar

If its unlimited connection plan then as though the security will not mean anything for the usage.But security may help u to reduce threats to ur network.
  11. shriniketsarkar

Well it depends on how u want to purchase it.I mean whether u want to purchase it online or u need any shop address......?
    Well if u think of purchasing Netgear Wireless Wrouter WGR614 then it will cost u something around 2k or say 1900....depends.
  12. rishikeshranjan

I purchased it at Nagpur, Silver Palace, Yashwant Stadium for Rs. 3800. The Modem is ADSL2+, Wireless router. In Mumbai, Lamington road, it can be had at Rs. 2900.
    To SriniketSarkar: Now introduced WAP protocol 10 bit security, no problem.
  13. mohdirfanz

mohdirfanz New Member

i wouldnt mind buying online, but my budget is till 2,200 rs. for this price, which one would be the best choice for wifi modem for BSNL Dataone,
    please if u could give me the addresses where i can purchase whether shop or online
    i had called the BSNl people for the wirless modem but they arent having these modems as of now
  14. mohdirfanz

mohdirfanz New Member

i am using BSNL broadband through Dlink 2640 T modem. i am using PPPoe mode, i want to switch to bridge mode as i want to use night download manger, but whenever i set it to bridge mode through the settings page, the net doesnt connect.
    also how can ensure security through wifi
  15. superprash2003

superprash2003 New Member

16. mohdirfanz

mohdirfanz New Member

i need the guide for Dlink 2640 T bridge mode, it has a different set up page
    . i am currently using PPPoe mode, but i want to shift to bridge mode as i want to schedule downloads
  17. Evander Leopold

Evander Leopold New Member

i can not find info on this modem's settings page and i dont have this modem either.......
    it would be gr8 if u could upload screenshots of every settings page here.(or make a rar file with those pics, upload it at any filehosting site and give the link here)
    or u can wait 4 someone with knowledge of that modem too.
  18. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

D-Link TechSupport - Choose Your Country

1.Take screen shots of present router settings and SAVE to your hard disk.
    ( In case you make some mistake/s in settings: for future use. )

2. Open WAN page and uncheck pppOE/PPPoA etc and
    Select "BRIDGED"
    Apply SAVE reboot.

3.Use a dialer to connect.

4. Down load manuals QUG ( Quick User Guide) if Not available in CD.

5. Post screen shot of setting pages, if still having problem.
    for comparison with other familiar Dlink routers
    5a.
    see this site.
    D.
    h t t p://www.dlink.co.in/GLB502T_Guide_modified/index.htm

6.With thousands of modem/routers in use forum contributers can give only
    standard procedure which is common to ALMOST ALL modems/routers.
  19. sijojose

sijojose New Member

but is the bridge mode possible in wireless? I have configured my desktop to use bridged with DSL 2640 T using dialer, but my laptop which uses wireless LAN cannot connect. although i can connect a lan with my desktop + DSL wireless modem + wireless lan enabled laptop i cannot enable the dialer in the LAPtop to recognise the internet connection. Is there anyway we can set username and password inside the dlink modem?
  20. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011