Checking your Broadband Speed through Intel

Discussion in 'Airtel Broadband' started by vin_sun, Sep 30, 2010.

1. vin_sun

vin_sun New Member

This is not anything specific to Airtel as such but I hope this information will be useful to most.

Also hope this is not "old news"

Intel has a basic version to just check the speed of your Broadband connection. It does not give any details of your download / upload speeds.

As I am yet to reach the 15 posts limit, I am not allowed to post any URLs so just google "Intel Broadband Speed Test" and you can see it as the first result called "Broadband Speed Test - Intel"
  2. Rcom

Rcom Guest

I've never seen such piece of crap speed test in my life,results are just a plain joke!
  3. vin_sun

vin_sun New Member

Given your seniority in this forum, I suppose your viewpoint is justified. I am aware that Airtel too has its own speed check and so does speedtest.net

Is there really any trusted source from where one can determine the true speed of their connection?

That I have a "two speed connection" - 1 Mb/sec during daytime and 2 Mb/ sec during nighttime - I ran checks during both the periods and it did come close to the stated bandwidth speeds. As I am not a pro with bandwidth issues I assumed that there was some truth in what the Intel site displayed.
  4. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

5. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

intel.com/consumer/game/broadband-speed-test.htm
    about 15 MB data required for both D/L and U/L ( best for U/L tariff plans !)
    compare with speedtest.net different servers also Ping test.
    another one from U.K
    mybroadbandspeed.co.uk.
    Airtel
    speed.tn.airtelbroadband.in/

5.Reliance : ( from Google search ) does not open.
    http://202.138.126.201/