Changed Bb Plan But Not Getting Promised Speed

Hi,

Last month I upgraded my BB plan from Home ULD 800 to Home ULD 950 Combo.

Home ULD 950 Combo is supposed to provide 4 Mbps upto 8 GB and 512 Kbps beyond.

Today is 1st of May so I tested my speed. Surprisingly its only 1.5 Mbps.

Is this normal ? If it is I am again going to downgrade to ULD 800 coz paying extra 150 seems to be of no use.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I did the same mistake with MTNL once and the speed instead of increasing it was impossible to browse normal pages leave alone downloading something and eventually the connection went dead and so did the phone so I have to get the connection disconnected in the end.

If your speed has not changed then I dont see any point in paying that extra money. Give them a call and see what they have to say about this as they may not have increased your connection speed yet or may be a mistake some where.

I did the same mistake with MTNL once and the speed instead of increasing it was impossible to browse normal pages leave alone downloading something and eventually the connection went dead and so did the phone so I have to get the connection disconnected in the end.

If your speed has not changed then I dont see any point in paying that extra money. Give them a call and see what they have to say about this as they may not have increased your connection speed yet or may be a mistake some where.
I actually went to http://selfcare.edc.bsnl.co.in/selfcare/start.swe?SWECmd=Start&SWEHo=selfcare.edc.bsnl.co.in and requested for the plan change. For the first 3-4 months nothing happened then one day in the middle of April I got an SMS on my mobile (which is mentioned on the profile page of the selfcare) saying that my request has been accepted (I dont remember the exact words) I tested my speed then and it was that weired 1.5 Mbps. I thought may be they will be switching to 4Mpbs from May.

I have registered a complain using the above selfcare. If nothing happens I will again chnage my plan back to Home Combo ULD 800.

image.jpg

Shib

Call up BSNL and get on their back about this problem, until you don't they wont do anything about the problem and keep charging you for the higher speed when your getting a lower speed.

Call up BSNL and get on their back about this problem, until you don't they wont do anything about the problem and keep charging you for the higher speed when your getting a lower speed.
I have the phone number of the guy who is in charge of broadband of our exchange but problem is he doesnt answer phone calls. You may not believe this but some years back I went to the exchange and asked him about this and asked him about this and he replied "If I receive phone calls I cant work". I was totally speechless.

Here is another shocking news, almost nobody attends office anymore at our local exchange. When my father and I went to exchange some months back we saw the entire building which is very very large has only 15-20 people in it.

BSNL is a sinking ship and I have decided to migrate to Airtel 3G. I have the 3G modem.

You are totally right but understand there is nobody in Calcutta Telephones anymore who actually works.